Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Super positive PUG dungeon run

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I see so many "I hate PUGs" articles on these threads. While it is nice to vent about brutal experiences, something I am no stranger to as I enjoy commiserating with others, I wanted to provide a brief counter. Ran vet City of Ash II last night as part of the daily. Never ran it before on any level. Hooked up with 3 guys on the dungeon finder and we ended up doing a no-death run on hard mode. I know, that's not an amazing accomplishment, but I had a great time and the other guys were friendly, positive, and a flat out good crew. Just felt like sharing that experience as its things like last night that renew my faith in the dungeon finder and running with randoms.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats good, I will never pug VCOAII, HM or not. Most pugs I have been in are good, and do rise to the occasion. Some are not.
    Edited by Nestor on September 28, 2018 5:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    I also had a lot of good experience in pugs. I pug random vet dungeons every day. For non-dlc dungeons I've had 100% completion. With DLC dungeons it's more like 90-95% completion.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Thats good, I will never pug VCOAII, HM or not. Most pugs I have been in are good, and do rise to the occasion. Some are not.

I kind of agree with you here. Oddly enough, out of all the dungeons, including the DLC, with the exception of the two newest ones which I won't pug yet, I've had the most issues with vet COA2. It's weird..
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had that happen one time with my healer. The first time I ran Vet COA2 was with a pug. Obviously the group I was with knew what they were doing and just melted everything in sight. We did the no-death run in HM. Don’t remember if it was a speed run however. Always feels good as a healer to not have anyone die, like, I did my job :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on October 3, 2018 7:29AM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just ran scale caller with some people that haven't done it. One shotted final boss <non HM of course, but still>.

100% props to the play in my party that at the start admitted to not knowing the mechanics and would like an explanation. We soooo need more people like that. I earlier quit a group because all other players died to first tremor spawn twice and would not respond to "Do you know the mechanics?".
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread! I pug all the time - seems like I’m always leveling undaunted on some new toon, or another and I’ve mostly had good experiences by far. My favorite was with a group for vCoS. We had fun and ended up doing multiple hm runs for motifs. Good times for sure! :)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've ran vet Fang Lair like that - it was my first vet clear of it, I pug'd for random vet and, to my surprise, landed in FL. Told group mates upfront that I didn't clear vet yet and don't know any mechanics past the undead trio first hand, so they could decide if they want replacement. The group was experienced, and we were in upbeat "let's try and see how it goes" tune, and it went surprisingly well, with some cheerful back-and-forth along the way, a few deaths but no wipes (although we didn't opt for HM). It was a really nice experience.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got through Vet MoS with a pug and it took hours but we were all laughing and it was fun. I got through Vet Scalecaller the same way.