The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mudcrab Chitin

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I haven't run out of Mudcrab Chitin, well, ever. Suddenly, on all my accounts, its an issue when running writs. Did something change?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't paid attention lately, but maybe they've been asking for 3 chitin as part of the daily writs at an abnormally frequent rate?

Or have you been crafting a bunch of potions lately using it up? Or crafting furniture that may require it as an ingredient that you missed?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely in the top tier writ rotation as a 3x requirement. One out of 8 days I think? As you won't find it in surveys, you can run out fast enough if you don't farm mudcrabs as a hobby and have multiple toons running writs daily. If you do the full 15 toons a day, that's about 6 chitin used a day just for that purpose.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just farm Khenarthi’s Roost like I do ... they drop decently.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely in the top tier writ rotation as a 3x requirement. One out of 8 days I think? As you won't find it in surveys, you can run out fast enough if you don't farm mudcrabs as a hobby and have multiple toons running writs daily. If you do the full 15 toons a day, that's about 6 chitin used a day just for that purpose.
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I haven't paid attention lately, but maybe they've been asking for 3 chitin as part of the daily writs at an abnormally frequent rate?

Or have you been crafting a bunch of potions lately using it up? Or crafting furniture that may require it as an ingredient that you missed?

Nope, just the same old same old. I'll start collecting data to see if the rate increased.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Just farm Khenarthi’s Roost like I do ... they drop decently.

I do Betnikh myself, get lots of Scraps for my Medium Armour from the Wolves and Carapaces for the Crow Daily from the Wasps. As well as the abundance of Mudcrabs.

• silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    a while back, maybe a year ago or so, they changed the alchemy requirements from mostly nirnroot to a rotation, which, unfortunately, includes at least 2 harder to get items...the mudcrab chitin and the violet coprinus. I think beetle scuttle is in there too...It's annoying, and I just have to keep getting some. It's even worse since I try to make sure to donate mats to one of my guilds every week for auction, and I have 15 characters doing writs. It's hard, but I more or less manage it (though, occasionally grab the violet coprinus from guild stores if I haven't been having much luck otherwise).

@Alassirna
    Sneakybo, ExSO_Gold, Demure Dragon Dealings
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't run out of Mudcrab Chitin, well, ever. Suddenly, on all my accounts, its an issue when running writs. Did something change?

I had a stack of chitin, and didn’t notice the change had happened, but now I am back to murdering the little darlings in
    Klenarth’s roost. As grind goes, it is about as exciting as cutting toenails. Possibly less exciting.

How about we suggest a mudcrab geyser? I could get quite enthusiastic about defending against wave after wave of fiesty mudcrabs. Imagine them all trying to pinch your toes at once...

FX: climbs on stool.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to me that I get this the most frequently. I keep running low on them and have to go farm more all the time. It's the only one that runs like this as I can keep up on all other ingredients.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, there was a time when mudcrab chitin was basically worthless. You could buy a stack of them for 10-15 a piece. I'd regularly do that and just burned them into poisons (alkhast, chitin, & spider eggs could be bought for 35g and sold for 80) and sold the poisons for a profit. Now, each chitin is like 150 to 200 each. Crazy, huh. Though I think bots may have been involved. I didn't really ask questions.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

This. whenever I am surprised by no stock, I've making furniture.

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

:look again
    Oh alright. There is a portable improbability drive generator in the corner.