Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looking for Stamina-AoE damage- armor set for mostly large pack mob farming

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭

Looking for armor set option for my Stamina-Tanky-DK - for questing and solo farming large packs of mobs in Craglorn, World Bosses, and maybe even less difficult dungeons..
My Magika-Tanky-DK has a ton of options: Thunderbug, StormKnight, Livewire, Mad Tinkerer, Red Mountain, Bahahra's Curse, Flame Blossom, etc...

On PTS--- im experimenting with: Thorvulkin + Leeching Plate + Hand of Mephala but I would like to replace the Hand of Mephala set with something different.
Anybody have a recommendation? Perhaps a set that I overlooked?
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you're describing sounds like several seconds of fighting dozens of enemies followed by periods where you move to the next fight.

Ravager with infused jewelry/weapons tends to proc fast when hitting several enemies at once, it's very strong. Heem Jas, Seventh legion & Vieled heritance are ok too.

Automaton if you're primarily hitting non-poison damage like Steel tornado/ Endless hail/ Caltrops.

Or a strong periodic buff that takes 15-20 seconds to reset might be good if you can kill things very quickly.

Could try Briarheart or Mechanical Acuity. If you have a cheap ultimate at the ready go with War Machine.

Monster sets like stormfist, Veledrith and Kragh work too.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Google "boom tank." There are some options that use some of the armor you mentioned.

For a stam DPS/tank, I'd go Vicious Ophidian weapons and jewelry for the sustain and damage paired with "boom tank" heavy body pieces, like Thunderbug. Though something like Defending Warrior could make for an interesting hybrid build.

Love Stormfist. Valkyn Skoria is another monster set that sounds like it could pound mobs, too, while giving a health boost.
    Edited by El_Borracho on September 27, 2018 9:01PM
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Thank you!

I do have a boom tank and its super fun.
    A magika DK -- Thunderbug, Livewire, Mad Tinkerer (hilarious fun set!), Storm Knight, Nirn'eth, and Stormfist
    i swap around depending on mood

but this is for my stamina DK - i wanted to be able to do the same thing with a stamina version.I found some good options on PTS

Leeching Plate, Syvarra's Scales, Hand of Mephala, Plague Slinger, Pillar of Nirn, and Thorvulkan...
    I've seen all these sets before, but you know there are so many...it's easy to forget or just not see them in front of your face.
    weird, the magika sets are easy to obtain but the stamina sets are dungeon only.

Thank you again for offering help!!!!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some more options I haven't seen mentioned:

Bahara's Curse--probably redundant with Leeching Plate for your purpose.
    Widowmaker--if you are using enough weapon skills to proc poisons on cooldown
    HEEEEM JAAAAASSSSS--if you are AOE grinding, the buff will be up constantly (and should apply to your other procs).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've seen all these sets before, but you know there are so many...it's easy to forget or just not see them in front of your face.
    weird, the magika sets are easy to obtain but the stamina sets are dungeon only.

!
    True, and that's the rub. VO is a backbone of most stamina builds because of the sustain. The weapons and jewelry drop frequently in normal Hel Ra and AA, which aren't difficult. As always, you have to do vet for the purple/gold gear, and good luck getting a dagger. But once you learn the easy mechanics on normal, vet runs are not much harder; well, as long as you don't get stuck with a bad group. The upside is you should be able to snag a bow and a couple of other one-handers, as most people farming those are looking for the dagger and dagger alone in terms of weapons.

You could craft Hundling's Rage for the stam boost and weapon, but you can't craft jewelry which cuts against the tank part. Like another guy mentioned, Briarheart is a good set, as are Relequen (Cloudrest), and Advancing Yokeda. But all of those are more for damage dealing than stamina sustain or boost. But the sad reality is nothing competes with VO's sustain.