The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ALTs crafting

rumple9
rumple9
✭✭✭✭✭
How many traits do you need to learn to get the enhanced drop rates for getting craft writs?

I'm learning traits on alts
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hasn’t disclosed the exact formula ... just know the more traits researched the better.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one account where 14 of 15 characters have 9 traits on everything, and another with 15 characters that have from 5-8 traits. I have been doing writs daily for months, and have not seen any pattern where one group gets more, or better master writs.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The improvements are fractional at best, so I don't put too much worry into alt research. I just bank a bunch of drops on my main, then when I log into an alt to do writs/mount training, I look to see if they have a research slot available and, if so, do it. If not, it'll wait 'til tomorrow.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was to do with traits and purple recipies known.
    I've been doing traits on 7 ALTs and it's taking forever
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I thought it was to do with traits and purple recipies known.
    I've been doing traits on 7 ALTs and it's taking forever

Trait knowledge does factor in, but anecdotal reports from people who do max-tier writs on characters with varying degrees of traits research show that the improvements gained are there, but small.

I was simply saying not to stress out about the research on your alts, just continue to do it as regularly as possible without breaking stride.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The master writ rate is significantly greater if you are 9/9 with most motifs, and 9/9 appears to have more impact.

The problem is the chance to receive high value master writs. It appears to be completely random.

I now have about 20 characters with most crafting achievements complete (mostly through the 25 motif achievement but not the 50). I sell 60-120 low value writs a week because of how long it takes to zone. Not worth running them all.

Just a handful of high value master writs will give me as many or more vouchers, and to win the lottery alot you just need alot of toons playing.

Edited by Wreuntzylla on September 27, 2018 8:42PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    being lucky > traits learned > motifs known

no way to confirm that, i do believe that having certain achievments (e.g. truly legendary, jerk of all trades, unsurpassed crafter) done also helps.

keep in mind, u can improve the quantity, not the quality of dropped writs.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »

no way to confirm that, i do believe that having certain achievments (e.g. truly legendary, jerk of all trades, unsurpassed crafter) done also helps.

There's an achievement for that? I'm pretty sure I earned it from my wife IRL.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    eso_nya wrote: »

There's an achievement for that? I'm pretty sure I earned it from my wife IRL.
    I think it's more of a debuff. It certainly has a direct effect on aggro.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS