The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toggable lock in place for furnishing items please!

Aurie
Aurie
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else think it would save a lot of aggro if furniture you have placed could be toggled to lock in place?

I'm fed up with accidentally targeting and moving an item that took ages to place correctly......aaargh!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that being able to lock furniture that you've placed would be a good addition. Just wondering if you know that if you do accidentally pick up an item, as long as you don't place it somewhere else, you can just press B and it will return to its original position. This is on XB, so gamepad mode, but I'm guessing there's a similar feature on PC.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds useful....I'll look for it on PC, or maybe anyone know of a housing addon which has this feature?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it would save a lot of aggro if furniture you have placed could be toggled to lock in place?

I'm fed up with accidentally targeting and moving an item that took ages to place correctly......aaargh!

Also useful when decorating with multiple people and primary owner being able to lock down certain things making it more group friendly.
    Xbox One Na
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just cancel the movement if you grab the wrong thing and it goes exactly back to where it was before
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC, for me Cancel is X, not sure if I changed it though, it should show you in the bottom left when in edit mode
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cancel the movement if you grab the wrong thing and it goes exactly back to where it was before

Thanks for that, not sure I'd twigged that one. Good for emergencies, but having your stuff locked down (toggled on or off) would stop that "oh sh*t" moment ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. Just a quick update - I have added Item Locking as a new feature in Essential Housing Tools v7.4.0. It's just pending approval and then will be ready for download from Minion or ESOUI.com.

I hope it helps with those editing woes. :wink:

@Aurelle1 @Jayne_Doe @Nestor @Malacthulhu @SirGabenOfSteamia @ixie