The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam Warden, Pirate Skeleton or Bloodspawn?

UndeniablyAVG
UndeniablyAVG
✭✭✭✭
I'm looking to make a tanky stam warden for pvp.

Running 5x Fury and 5x Bone pirate, 5x Heavy 2x Medium.
Sword and Board front bar, 2h back bar.

I was thinking either Pirate Skeleton or Bloodspawn, what do you think is better? Or is there a better option altogether?

Cheers.
PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn, as Thogard said.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between those 2, Bloodspawn
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Bloodspawn , but with a 6% proc chance Combat metrics usually has it at a 20% uptime. ( I play a melee snb and 2h, so I'm getting hit a lot, but still not a great uptime)). Therefore sometimes I substitute in Troll King. You lose the stam regen but warden has pretty good tools for stam regen. Troll King goes off every time you dip below 50%.
    Just another possibility, troll king makes you tanky but doesn't have the offensive upside (ulti regen) that Bloodspawn has.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn just gives more. It's the strongest all round monster set imo, thats why it's used by the most classes.

Stam recovery is very helpful, the huge resistances help you stay alive and the ult gen is amazing, allowing you to get more dawnbreakers out, or trees for even more survivability.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on September 26, 2018 2:17AM
  • NateS4
    NateS4
    ✭✭
    Bloodspawn
    Nerf Nate
    Xbox NA
    Small Scale PvP
    Stamden (Grand Overlord)
    Mag DK (Palatine)
    Mag/Stamblade (Praetorian)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyTq3wqzJ5K200K2JSNlRA?view_as=subscriber
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were an Argonian I would consider testing Pirate Skeleton (since you basically negate the negative effect from Pirate Skeleton with your racial passive. Not entirely, but almost). Otherwise Bloodspawn. But test them both and see what you prefer.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, bloodspawn is nice.

But you are super tanky in pirate skeleton, its by far the better option for defence.

The bloodspawn proc gives 10% damage reduction and while the regen is nice it's not needed too much on a stam warden.

Whereas pirate skeleton one piece gives 5% damage reduction in the form of 3k armour and the 30% protection is amazing and stacks with minor protection. I'm not sure if it exactly reduces dmg by 30% when mixing with other damage reduction such as armour.

Edited by leepalmer95 on September 26, 2018 5:52AM
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • AlexTheLion
    AlexTheLion
    ✭✭✭
    You 100% have to run soothing spores if you use pirate skeleton though otherwise you’ll die to every stam nb you encounter
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think pirate skeleton is hugely overrated.

You can try it for the one piece (and then pair it with something else), but I think the proc is very ineffectual compared to other alternatives, including bloodspawn.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »

You can try it for the one piece (and then pair it with something else), but I think the proc is very ineffectual compared to other alternatives, including bloodspawn.

If you don't have enough healing bonuses it's not going to feel very good.

The 1pc is great at stacking with chudan. Gives you 100% uptime on like 500 less resists than bloodspawn. Can't beat that value.

If you aren't looking for pure defense, bloodspawn is very good. Otherwise you'll find better sets on your 5pc defensively and use the2pc for offense.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn so you can pump out more trees
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    ESO_GOD wrote: »

If you don't have enough healing bonuses it's not going to feel very good.

The 1pc is great at stacking with chudan. Gives you 100% uptime on like 500 less resists than bloodspawn. Can't beat that value.

If you aren't looking for pure defense, bloodspawn is very good. Otherwise you'll find better sets on your 5pc defensively and use the2pc for offense.

yeah 1 chudan 1 pirate skelly is better than 2 pc chudan by a couple k or so
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried Pirate Skeleton as i had it in the right traits and weight. Pretty disappointed with it to be honest. Doesn't seem to be up much. Will give Bloodspawn a try and possibly Troll King.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobeey126 wrote: »
    I tried Pirate Skeleton as i had it in the right traits and weight. Pretty disappointed with it to be honest. Doesn't seem to be up much. Will give Bloodspawn a try and possibly Troll King.

Blood spawn is A LOT better. A lot better

Troll king is also better. Pirate skeleton is not the worst, there are sets that are worse
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden gets Major Protection anyway, if you run the ice ult. Great ult that is both offensive and defensive. Blood Spawn.

Troll King or Pirate will feel tankier. I've used Pirate on magplar, but the thing about that class is that you mainly use the burst heal (Honor the Dead) and Sweeps. Stamden has sources of ongoing healing that a magplar lacks, such as Forward Momentum and Vigor. Then there's Green Lotus, Soothing Spores and the animal skill line passive. Not to mention Shimmering Shield and Ice Fortress. You have so much healing and tankiness without resorting to the tree ult that I prefer Dawnbreaker and Permafrost.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB