The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagSorc Open World

HowlKimchi
HowlKimchi
✭✭✭✭✭
I finally got around to making a Sorcerer, and he almost has max undaunted.

I'm planning on running 5 Lich, 5 amberplasm, 2 Infernal guardian/ or 1 domi 1 chokethorn. I have around 43k max magicka with this setup. with ~1900 base magicka recovery. My frags tooltip is 16.7k. Hardened Ward is 10k.

Is my damage too low? am I over-sustaining?

previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. All good.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    I finally got around to making a Sorcerer, and he almost has max undaunted.

I'm planning on running 5 Lich, 5 amberplasm, 2 Infernal guardian/ or 1 domi 1 chokethorn. I have around 43k max magicka with this setup. with ~1900 base magicka recovery. My frags tooltip is 16.7k. Hardened Ward is 10k.

Is my damage too low? am I over-sustaining?

You May want to check out this comprehensive guide to Damage Dealing by @Masel92 because with it, you may yet find some improvements you can make to your current build.

Side Note: Damage Shields will only go up to 40% of your max health after Murkmire drops on console. (unless you play pc in which you may test the build you have on the pts.) so in addition to magicka, you may want to invest in a bit of health for more effective damage shields.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422268/a-comprehensive-guide-on-damage-dealing-in-elder-scrolls-online/pg1
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've run 1 domi 1 infernal guardian in the past for a max mag stacking build.

Your regen is right around where I would like it, give or take ~100. Sorc sustain can be not so good with the cost increase of streak, and other factors, so I found higher regen to be necessary.

Engine Guardian, Shadowrend, and Zaan are 3 of the stronger monster sets for sorc. In my opinion, the 3 best. I grew to dislike the randomness of engine guardian and switched back to 1 domi 1 infernal for more damage and more shields.

Lich/ Amberplasm is good and I would never have anything bad to say about that.

Some people opt for amberplasm/ shacklebreaker. Spinner is also another really strong set because of all the mag it gives and the pen is quite strong as well. Destruction Mastery is a good set for max mag stacking, but is useless on your resto bar.