The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New way to win your campaign. Completely unbeatable.

LinearParadox
LinearParadox
✭✭✭✭✭
Just don't log in. Ever. ;)

The low pop bonus is literally more than either of the other two faction can achieve XD

zyeiv7.jpg

294l55h.jpg

Great job ZoS, really. Bravo.
twitch.tv/linearparadox
Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
CP 1100+
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must be NA. Totally wasted points in a situation where low pop is not even an issue. EP can add a zerg or 2 any time of the day.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been this way for years sadly. They modified the numbers two or three years ago when we kicked off about it, but it's still possible to win with low population bonus.

It was a lot harder to abuse back when there were locks on factions though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's been this way for years sadly. They modified the numbers two or three years ago when we kicked off about it, but it's still possible to win with low population bonus.

It was a lot harder to abuse back when there were locks on factions though.

The changes were actually made very recently to evaluate it based on 3h windows. It's aim is to make up for the advantage of those who cap the whole map uncontested. Granted on EU this doesn't change things because of the total faction imbalances. But on NA the system is actually doing its job rather decently as you can see from the close score. It still won't help in the long run because people will still flip the entire map when they have no competition but it's at least a balancing tool and highlights the actual situation in pvp vs the perceived populations.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low pop bonus is ill impelemented i mean you should not get rewarded for not being here imo.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they want to keep it then it should only be active when you actually have lop pop..not hours later when you’re pop locked
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol it's silly, like if ur have overwhelming pop compared to other factions you kinda wanna go easy on them and maybe go IC or something instead while you wait for it to pick up. But if the enemies are getting that much score / hour in encourages you to pvdoor all their stuff to reduce their score/hr.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    strangegame.png
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol it's silly, like if ur have overwhelming pop compared to other factions you kinda wanna go easy on them and maybe go IC or something instead while you wait for it to pick up. But if the enemies are getting that much score / hour in encourages you to pvdoor all their stuff to reduce their score/hr.

I mean when has any faction with overwhelming population ever gone easy on a low pop faction. Even amongst guilds there are only a few who actually care enough about the health of the campaign to do.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    If they want to keep it then it should only be active when you actually have lop pop..not hours later when you’re pop locked

Then it is easy to manipulate. The point of it is that the polling is taking over some hours and then it is retroactively applied because there was a low population in the player base for the previous x duration
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    #weekdays

4ah9blS.jpg

Did you mean this? It's not really new.
    Edited by Ranger209 on September 28, 2018 8:36AM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There were actually barely any EP on for HOURS when we got that low pop bonus, I was there. Was like 2-3 am-ish CST. My group of like 6-7 back-capped Ash when it popped up, but I was on solo before that and I barely saw more than a handful of EP. Not gonna lie, the AP was good :#
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on September 28, 2018 9:52AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD was in the 230’s this morning idr the others but they were lower than 100 (this was in sotha)
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may have had a point if not for the MASSIVE point gain that scrolls give. If EP isn't logged in they should not have their scrolls.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean when has any faction with overwhelming population ever gone easy on a low pop faction. Even amongst guilds there are only a few who actually care enough about the health of the campaign to do.

Actually, back around 2.2 on AS (the main campaign at the time) many guilds respected inner keeps during low pop periods. VE, if I recall correctly, did a very good job of that.

The memory of what happened on PC/NA/TB during 1.5 was still fresh in memory so I think many made an effort to avoid ruining the campaign by demoralizing the competition.

I'm not judging anyone for recent events because restraint is required by all sides for something like that to work and that hasn't been the case for a long time. We're deep in *** for tat territory. But we know it's possible for players to work together for a better culture because we've done it before.
    Edited by zyk on September 30, 2018 8:25PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    You may have had a point if not for the MASSIVE point gain that scrolls give. If EP isn't logged in they should not have their scrolls.

Why not? AD and DC still have to put in the effort to take them, right?

If the few EP that are on can defend their scrolls, more power to them.

(That's goes for any faction, I should hope that goes without saying.)
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big problem is that the scoring is tied to how much of the day your alliance floods cyro with zergs. Basically who has the more teenagers who play all day wins
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big problem is that the scoring is tied to how much of the day your alliance floods cyro with zergs. Basically who has the more teenagers who play all day wins

Careful now, you'll hurt some peoples feelings with so much truth haha
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for how many years now ??
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath