Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Visual Bug (Invisible or Wrong Weapon)

Swift_One
Swift_One
✭✭
Basically, when you swap to one of your weapons it either shows nothing in your hand or the weapon from your other bar in an awkward position. The weapon still functions but it looks ridiculous, and makes it difficult to know what you're doing. I know this is an old bug that seems to keep resurfacing. Is there any work around that someone knows of? Re-equipping the weapon fixes it temporarily until I go through a load screen, then it happens again. I noticed that if I have my main hand weapon out before entering the load screen then it doesn't seem to happen, but if I'm on my back bar it happens every time. Any thoughts? Zenimax?
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Swift_One wrote: »
    Basically, when you swap to one of your weapons it either shows nothing in your hand or the weapon from your other bar in an awkward position. The weapon still functions but it looks ridiculous, and makes it difficult to know what you're doing. I know this is an old bug that seems to keep resurfacing. Is there any work around that someone knows of? Re-equipping the weapon fixes it temporarily until I go through a load screen, then it happens again. I noticed that if I have my main hand weapon out before entering the load screen then it doesn't seem to happen, but if I'm on my back bar it happens every time. Any thoughts? Zenimax?

i think this is happening when you zone-in into non combat areas since wolf hunter patch. fortunately this does not occur when entering dungeons or in pvp areas (excluding the starting gates in cyro).. This still needs to be fixed.. another obvious mess up from zos.. their standards of pushing the code to live has gone down so much.
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Stamina Dragonknight - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Nord Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Nord Stamina Sorcerer - PVP
    Argonian Dragonknight - PVE TANK
    Breton Magicka Nightblade - PVP
    Argonian Magicka Templar - PVE HEALER
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Breton Magicka Templar - PVE DPS
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - PVP
    Nord Stamina Warden - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Warden - PVP
    Orc Stamina Templar - PVP
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer - PVP
    Khajiit Magicka Necro - PVE DPS
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, getting this bug to often. Please fix it.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this almost everytime
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this alot due to lag when weapon swapping.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any response from devs? getting it too often, it's annoying.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this bug too
    At stamNB: 2w + Bow. 2w are always missing, while bow are fine. But when swap from bow to 2w, my hands become empty and stowed bow going under my feets :D
    At magSorc: I'm using Merc style staff and vMA staff. Sometimes, visually I see vMA model at both bars, but colored differently, following to the original colors scheme
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    it's not a bug u silly, u glued them to your shoes, remember? So you wont forget it next time (press space).
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have definitely never shot arrows with my daggers nooope
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this bug!! There is something oddly satisfying about whacking someone across the face with a bow :D

As an extra plus the harvesting animation is with the bow too and not a pickaxe if you're on that bar (dual-wield)

Edit: to be helpful, I've only gotten the bug on my dk (tank but re-specced to dd to finish cadwells gold) who has sword and shield outfit styles on both weapon bars. Might just be freaking out because the styles don't match the weapons
    Edited by GoonyGoat on August 27, 2018 9:44AM
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I'm getting this bug very often and it is really really annoying, while switching weapons, the way to quick fix it is to change outfits but still it freaks me out.

It happens with any kind of weapons as far as I noticed, it happens on my lowbie tank with sword/shield and staff at back-bar, with my dk dps with dual-wield or two handed and a bow at back-bar. And seems to happen more when changing places/zones.
    Edited by Chuaznega on August 28, 2018 9:22PM
  • srmalloy
    srmalloy
    I'm seeing this bug with my StamBlade (2w/bow), and it happens most often when a) I have dual wield (front bar) active and b) use Blade of Woe on a target. After the kill, the character's left weapon is missing. This gets schizoid, because it's the left weapon whether or not the character has their weapons drawn -- if the weapons are 'sheathed', the one at the left hip is missing, and if the weapons are drawn, the one in the left hand is missing. Even though the character does a cross-body draw, so the missing blade should be in the right hand when drawn.

I have in the past gotten the "bar swaps, but the weapons don't" version of the bug, as well as having both weapons missing in dual wield, but both of those seem to have slipped off to be replaced by the single missing blade version. Using the /reloadui command resets things so that all the weapons are rendered correctly, but it's annoying to do and leaves your character standing there picking their nose while the UI reloading screen is displayed.
  • peat182
    peat182
    Soul Shriven
    Seeing this as well. Switch from Greatsword to Bow, hands are empty and the GS is positioned just below my feet. It will still use the bow abilities just like my toon is Usain Bolt. The quiver on the back is also invisible.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    count me in...I haven't seen the wrong weapon bug, but I am getting the invisible weapon one, and it does seem that it started with update 19

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding wrong weapons since 2014....

Very old bug. Happens to have rapidly changing weapons for example with mouse scroll. Weirdly enough Pirate Skeleton monster set has a 10% proc chance to make your weapon invisible and to proc off-balance on enemy. Very OP.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is HORRBLE... I have outfitted my 2 necostaffs (1flame 1 lightning), to have a different appearances so i can switch with out getting confused which bar I am on. It just constantly changes the appearance from one to the other, not staying the way I set it up.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I realized (not sure but it is what it seems) that this issue happens very very often, almost always, when I'm holding my second bar weapon (usually two handed weapon like bow or staff) and switch to any other place/zone.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting this bug on my new nightblade with dual wield and bow. When I switch to bow, the bow goes beneath my character's feet, and she looks like she's air bowing (no bow in her hands). Sometimes it will show up after a load screen, sometimes not.
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any dev reply to this very annoying bug. One of my characters uses a staff on one bar and a battle axe on the other. When she swapped the axe for the staff, it looked like she still was holding the axe, though the weapon functioned as a staff. With all the incremental patches, it would seem this issue should have been fixed by now.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    By the way, the issue I'm having is only the invisible weapon on hands, one of the bars is always right and the other vanish from my hand and stick to the foot of the character, it is super annoying, I go to the character page (C) and change the outfit to fix it, still, really weird and annoying, please fix this.

Cheers.
  • Swift_One
    Swift_One
    ✭✭
    I can't find the post, but zos did acknowledge this issue. I'm skeptical that they will be able to fix it for good though. It's apparently a tricky one because it's been around a while, and comes and goes.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I confirmed more than twice that this weapon vanish glitch does not show to othrers, just to yourself.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Ok, part of this issue seems to be solved, tho it still happens, when I and port/zone somewhere else, SOMETIMES, not Always, on my first bar that I'm wielding 2 different weapons, only the left hand weapon vanish - actually goes to the ground like before. (sry my english)
    Edited by Chuaznega on October 28, 2018 10:36PM
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I was equipped with sword and board, then I ported to another zone, the glitch happened, here are the screenshots:
    *Photographer addon removed the UI.

hh06hijrqyxz.jpg
    hstyc3dvwg5o.jpg

I went to the character page and switched the outfit and it fixed instantly. But if I switch back to the other outift without leaving this page it glitch it again. I need to change the outfit and leave the page to really 'fix' it.
    8dz1nrm96tdh.jpg
    Edited by Chuaznega on October 29, 2018 5:24AM
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Sjshovanub17_ESO
    Sjshovanub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    An addon has been created to address this issue, it's called Clutch.
    Creator of Clutch Addon: https://github.com/LoTekkie/Clutch