Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – October 2018"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
286f593bbebaab3d637f3d6d08237ab7.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Crown Store Showcase – October 2018" blog article.

The Witches Festival comes! Check out some fan-favorite masks, costumes, and polymorphs returning to the Crown Store for the spooky season in addition to a host of new furnishings for both ghoulish and genteel homeowners alike. Find them all and more in this month’s Crown Store Showcase!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? You’re selling Vampire and Werewolf cures now?

Because the in-game NPC that charges 600 gold for a cure was too much or?

Hate to sound cynical but that’s a bit much.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire/Werewolf Cure
    Use of this holy purifying ritual will cleanse a mortal of the curses of vampirism and lycanthropy (werewolfism).

The Vampire/Werewolf Cure will be available on all platforms starting on October 29.
    If this isn't a free item then it needs to be removed or made free.

Charging for this is nothing but shady and exploiting a players lack of knowledge of the game.
    In game this doesn't require anything special and just a small sum of gold.

I'll bite my tongue at that until there is confirmation of cost on this, but if ZOS charges for this then expect people to raise Oblivion with how predatory and shady it is.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we get confirmation of the werewolf/vampire cure on what the cost will be in the crown store?
    You have to realize the community will not stand for that being charged in the crown store. Surely you guys are putting that in there for a free service, yes???
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to break it to all 3 of you but this community does not stand for anything. For 4 years now all i've seen on these forums is incessant whining and complaining about every single thing ZOS does. Everything.

You can buy it in the game for 600 gold who cares if its available on the crown store? Seriously. I really had to make this my first post after 4 years.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A priest or Valaste in the Mages Guild at Rawlka, Reaper's March; Evermore, Bangkorai; or Riften, the Rift will cure you of vampirism or lycanthropy for about 600 gold.

ZOS, the community helped spread the word about Summerfall, we can spread the word about the NPC cure too if we have to.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    Hate to break it to all 3 of you but this community does not stand for anything. For 4 years now all i've seen on these forums is incessant whining and complaining about every single thing ZOS does. Everything.

You can buy it in the game for 600 gold who cares if its available on the crown store? Seriously. I really had to make this my first post after 4 years.
    Because it's potentially very exploitative. We don't care about the gold or it being in the store, we care about the morals of potentially charging new or unknowledgable players for something which is so easy to obtain in the game.

As I said, I won't riot too much yet. However if that turns up with a cost it's making a big statement about ZOS' morals.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Alinor dresses
    Oh well, I'll go back to cry over every Summerset npc ;_;

The furniture pack is nice, on the other note
    Edited by Fortunatto on September 27, 2018 2:55PM
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem isnt that its available in the crown store.

The problem is that the in-game method for a cure is poorly explained and rather obscure.

Its fine to charge people for a cure purely for the convenience of getting cured quickly - as long as its commeasurate with the 600 gold cost from the NPC.

Its skeevy to charge people crowns for a cure if the in-game method of NPC cure for 600 gold isnt made clear, especially for new players.

We dont know how ZOS is implementing it, hence the questions. And most of us dont trust ZOS anymore when it comes to charging money for little things in game.

Edited to add: with the current crown to gold ratio on PC/NA, the price of the cure should be about 3 crowns.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 27, 2018 3:04PM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there ever going to be a vampire polymorph or is it just going to be werewolf polymorphs for 3+ years?

Bc I think it’s time we got a vampire polymorph or something decent.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I'm really sure you hated to break it to us.
    There's many things the community doesn't stand for and ZOS listens to most of it and many changes come out of it that's better for the community. It's the main reason for these forums. Feel free to join in the discussion once in a while rather than popping in every 4 years with a condescending post.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not free, that's definitely predatory.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The store text for the skill lines both mention the Priest of Arkay cure. The Crown cure is nothing more than a convenience if you want to completely remove either skill during content like Cyrodiil or a trial. There if it's really worth the cost to you, practically invisible if it's not.

Meanwhile, do I want two Wraith-of-Crows target dummies and other spooky First World problems...
    signing off
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you see? The Crown Store cure is a diversion! A mere ruse to distract us from the fact that we still don't have the Altmer dresses!

This goes all the way to the top, people!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically nothing but retread items and not a single new polymorph or costume. This showcase is.... incredibly lazy. And WHY ON EARTH do you KEEP SITTING ON THE COSTUMES???? Not only are you still keeping back the Alinor gowns but when the heck are we getting THESE????

fwL9hAM.png

ICwq4Oj.png

ziFy2tG.png

Seriously you guys, just when I think you can't possibly disappoint me more... you manage it.
    Edited by MornaBaine on September 27, 2018 5:43PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »

Turelus wrote: »
    Vampire/Werewolf Cure
    Use of this holy purifying ritual will cleanse a mortal of the curses of vampirism and lycanthropy (werewolfism).

The Vampire/Werewolf Cure will be available on all platforms starting on October 29.

Charging for this is nothing but shady and exploiting a players lack of knowledge of the game.

I'll bite my tongue at that until there is confirmation of cost on this, but if ZOS charges for this then expect people to raise Oblivion with how predatory and shady it is.

I think this is probably for the people who want to cure it for a specific run and then purchase it back after. Or people who want to quickly switch between WW and Vamp depending on mood. There are people out there with that kind of money.

I'm curious if Crown Crafting Motif: Dead-Water is going to be a crown exclusive like Grim Harliquen or if it will also be available in game.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome, and thank you for releasing Hunter's Glade so soon! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    This cure for werewolf and vampirism is an amazing addition to the crown store!

My question for you guys is when can we expect to see something in the crown store to assist us in using fast travel/wayshrines.....

/endsarcasm
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've been lurking without posting for Four Years, and this is what convinces you to contribute?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the last two showcases contained:
    • A brand new 2,000 crown costume with an obvious dye pattern bug that was clearly not passed through any form of QA (acknowledged by ZOS but not fixed) and
    • A brand new 1,000 crown pet with seriously broken textures that are very evidently not intentional (still not acknowledged by ZOS)
    I, personally, am very wary of new offerings in the crown store at this moment in time. It doesn't seem like the crown store items are getting thoroughly vetted before being offered for sale. Examine new things as closely as you can in the store preview before spending any crowns.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Vampire/Werewolf Cure

I'm curious if Crown Crafting Motif: Dead-Water is going to be a crown exclusive like Grim Harliquen or if it will also be available in game.

@Runs From the PTS Notes: Dead-Water Motif: Acquired from completing daily quests in Murkmire.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guildie just asked me "why are they selling the vampire/werewolf cure in crown store? is it not going to be possible anymore to get a cure from the mages guild?". Now I'm wondering... maybe she is right? :o
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I will come back next month for the Clockwork god furnishing pack... 1 year ZOS since CWC release. Really ? did it have to be that long ? By the time, the furnishing comes, many players have left the game for sure and CWC is forgotten...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on September 27, 2018 6:07PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, looks like I am going broke in October lol. Lots of things I already have, but lots of things I need to pick up.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recycled items... not my cup of tea.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's potentially very exploitative. We don't care about the gold or it being in the store, we care about the morals of potentially charging new or unknowledgable players for something which is so easy to obtain in the game.

As I said, I won't riot too much yet. However if that turns up with a cost it's making a big statement about ZOS' morals.

Here's another one for the list: Since all the players received their free giant house, but no furnishings, somehow magically we now have summerset style furnishings being added to the crown store. I wonder if that was decided on before or after the Summerfall event lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A full zone of new content, Murkmire is available as a November 2018 daily login reward."

So... umm... I need some clarification as I think this is important not only for me but also for many other players:

If I will buy Murkmire DLC from crown store (either normal or collectors edition) I will simply get... no reward as a daily login in November ? ? ? Or there will be some different reward for those who will buy the DLC earlier. ? ? ?
    Some official clarification would be nice.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm curious if the Daily Rewards pet is an actual Saber Cat pet or if it's the Haunted House Cat datamined in 3.1.0.

gp_crwn_pets_hauntedhousecat_1x1-292x170.jpg

signing off
  • XamXam777
    XamXam777
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that it's been over 4 months since Summerset launched and we still haven't gotten any Alinor dresses... I'm pretty sure the Morrowind Dresses were out in pretty close conjunction with Morrowind's release. I know it's Halloween this month but still, I'm getting tired of waiting for them. They better be out in November!

And finally, the Alinor Bath decoration makes an appearance! Will this just be in the Crown Store Pack or will it be made available somehow in-game?

Oh and I literally cured my main of Vampirism last night in Riften can confirm it was around $689 gold.
    - Xam Xam -
    Owner of mmobits.com
    Psijic Order Skill Line Quest and Time Breach Location Guide
    PC - NA | Grey Host - Pact | Xam Xam (Nord Warden Heal Scrub), Xam'ess (Nord Templar DPS Scrub) & others...
    Noob PvPer | Eternally Poor Housing Enthusiast
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Now I'm curious if the Daily Rewards pet is an actual Saber Cat pet or if it's the Haunted House Cat datamined in 3.1.0.

gp_crwn_pets_hauntedhousecat_1x1-292x170.jpg

I was wondering about it too!! :) I think it should be this cat, same reskin style
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Vampire/Werewolf Cure

I think this is probably for the people who want to cure it for a specific run and then purchase it back after. Or people who want to quickly switch between WW and Vamp depending on mood. There are people out there with that kind of money.

That's fine, but keep it an acceptable cost and make it VERY clear that there are easy to use in game means.