The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Preview the Mysteries and Dangers of Murkmire"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Preview the Mysteries and Dangers of Murkmire. Take a closer look at what makes the untamed wilds of Murkmire unique as we preview this new zone and its many hidden mysteries, dangers, and rewards.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The spears in the second picture are a cruel taunt...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killer flora is going to be so interesting. :smiley:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a fun place to take the kids.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swamp...
    This voriplasm will even get its own weapon style.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spears in the second picture are a cruel taunt...

no it isn't.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of the zone! Its really interesting. The bright-throat village main quest was so interesting that i turned off my music and didn't skip any dialogue!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this dlc will be enough to drag me away from all the games being released in the next month or so
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I want a Mutagen Man pet. :)

5696729f515aaf442908a1d40af25d37.jpg

+

f7fdd2d702bd6a70cda46ef46cdbb258.jpg

=

HlRxwkD.png
    signing off
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those BIG eggs come out of an Argonian?

7d098e15bc7d6b9ef63d692e5bc86326.jpg
    Edited by Chicharron on September 26, 2018 5:58PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please stop teasing us with the spear animations... it’s getting tiresome...
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop teasing us with the spear animations... it’s getting tiresome...

Templars have spears though :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of the zone! Its really interesting. The bright-throat village main quest was so interesting that i turned off my music and didn't skip any dialogue!

I couldn't even imagine playing some random rock song while running around in this beautiful world. The in-game music just makes ESO so much more enjoyable. Now, while PVP'ing? Different story. :)
  • Draxinusom_
    Draxinusom_
    ✭✭
    I am very impressed with the distinctness and variety of the different Argonians (there are a lot!) we encounter. They pretty much all have very nicely designed attornments/colors, markings etc. so you really can distinguish them easily. They look damn good too. I hope such things become available as player wearable items in the future (there are tail markings for example, I don't think they exist so far for us players).

All in all I was very pleased with what I could see on the PTS so far. I would have gladly taken an even bigger zone, but it's a smaller DLC and not a chapter. Still very much worth going for it, imho - and since it's going to be a daily reward, it comes kind of cheap too.

If you don't mind a spoiler, I have here a 4K picture from a very scenic moment. It also contains a spoiler, so you have been warned:
    murkmire.png
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great, but it really makes me wish it were the next Chapter instead of the next DLC.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice the ESO Zone Lead's name is Ed Stark? How freakin cool is that? I mean, I know it's an N short but still, "Murkmire is coming..." 😂
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the picture of the armor set the motif style Dead Water or whatever? I need that sword.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mamericus wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the ESO Zone Lead's name is Ed Stark? How freakin cool is that? I mean, I know it's an N short but still, "Murkmire is coming..." 😂

Noticed that as well. I can guarantee you he's heard that many times over the last few years as well. Heh.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    So if I get this right, none of the achievements mentioned at http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Prologues_Achievements are available at the moment? They'll appear some time later?
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    nobody is going to answer me?
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and since it's going to be a daily reward, it comes kind of cheap too.

This is what intrigued me the most. It will be available in the Crown Store, but it will also be available as a daily reward. How is that going to work-- base DLC for free but Collector's Edition in the store, or what? Maybe both will be available in the store as of early November but the free (base?) DLC won't be available as a daily reward until the end of November? I guess come the 1st of November (or 31st of October for some time zones) we'll get to see what date the free DLC will drop on.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that this is sort of answered at the beginning of the other thread-- the DLC will be released in late October for PC and Mac, in early November for PS and Xbox, and on November 24th-ish as the free daily reward.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on October 16, 2018 11:17AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!