The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can't connect to the server anymore

Aleris
Aleris
✭✭✭
hi. i'm on eu.
today before the patch i could play. now after the patch i can't connect anymore. nothing's changed on my end... the installer simply can't even download the patch and it stalls like this.
https://gyazo.com/5b058e3b146d41af1cf55b1ab4caa831

i'm located in italy.

thanks
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    same problem of 2 months ago, only way for me to connect is by using a vpn.
    can you please fix it?
  • anakin90
    anakin90
    Soul Shriven
    Telecom/TIM?
    Edited by anakin90 on September 24, 2018 1:11PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the progress bar freezes or gets stuck when trying to update, please try the following steps:
    1. Open the launcher in administrator mode, you can do this by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as administrator" from the drop down menu.
    2. Go to game options. This is located in the middle of the launcher under the news feed.
    3. Cancel any update in progress.
    4. Return to game options and select settings.
    5. In setting change auto update from always to never.
    6. Press apply.
    7. Select the cog wheel up the top right hand corner of the launcher.
    8. Select the megaserver you want to change to ( EU or NA)
    9. Once this is complete go back to game options and select check for updates. This should start to patch the game for your new server.
    10. If it does not patch select repair from game options and wait for the repair to finish.
    11. Once the repair has finished select check for updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If the progress bar freezes or gets stuck when trying to update, please try the following steps:
    1. Open the launcher in administrator mode, you can do this by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as administrator" from the drop down menu.
    2. Go to game options. This is located in the middle of the launcher under the news feed.
    6. Press apply.
    9. Once this is complete go back to game options and select check for updates. This should start to patch the game for your new server.
    10. If it does not patch select repair from game options and wait for the repair to finish.

The launcher is completely frozen. We can't click anywhere, it's completely unresponsive, and then crashes after a while.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the launcher is completely unresponsive, you may need to check your anti-virus settings and remove the launcher program data to get it working.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

Please let us know if these help resolve your launcher issue.
    Staff Post
  • Starwinder
    Starwinder
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    6. Press apply.

The problem isn't the Launcher. The problem is inside the patch.
    With no VPN software, the launcher crash almost instantly so it's impossible to perform this task above.
    With VPN software, the game is downloading.
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm from Italy as well, and yesterday I experienced the same exact issue: as soon as I ran the launcher, it started downloading at around 20 kb/s just to stall immediately after, and the launcher became completely unresponsive, and then it automatically closed.

I tried it again this morning before going to work, and got the same problem as yesterday.

I solved it (at least for this patch) by using the method explained in another post in this sub-forum section:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5483624/#Comment_5483624

One thing that was different is that I didn't have a folder named "game_player"; I tried creating it and copying the file as instructed in that post.

I hope it helps.

Goodbye
  • Svalar
    Svalar
    ✭✭
    I'm from Italy too, same problem. My game is crashing soon after I use the forum method provided above.
    I can't play since the last patch.
  • Nukular_Kalina
    Nukular_Kalina
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone,

i just want to say thank you. I use Windows 10 and had the same problem after the new patch again. I just started the launcher as Administrator and download the last patch without any problems. Everything is working.

Greetings

• malnu74_ESO
    malnu74_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434017/eso-launcher-crashes-on-update-9-04-2018#latest

Multiple user fixes posted in this forum thread since September. Same issue that has yet to be fixed. Sometimes the fixes work, sometimes they don't. I'm still attempting to fix mine for better part of the day with this latest patch.
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a issue since September. As I said in other thread, I have been playing ESO since beta, using C O X Communications as internet provider. 4 years plus of no issue downloads. Since September, launcher stalls and crashes to desktop, other times downloads fine. Inconsistency is odd. I am paying for a subscription, shouldn't have to download a VPN just to play the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this is an older thread which was bumped, we will be closing the discussion. We are still looking into these launcher issues as described here. Please use this thread for any further commentary specific to the launcher issues that started on September 4th.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.