Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blockade root spammers, explain yourselves

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
How is this fun for you? 0 kills, 30 "assists" and zero value to the team but for trolling the enemy. Yeah I know, get forward momentum. It's a bandaid solution to a cancerous form of gameplay. This is what people do who can't get points the good fashioned way... shameful.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -don't go into aoe?

-dodgeroll?

-shuffle?

-forward momentum?

etc etc

so last word of your post and i mean *shamefull* just determines your skill level =D

btw 30 assists doen's means zero value even in DM

because it looks like someone was killed many many times while standing in roots there =D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -don't go into aoe?

-dodgeroll?

-shuffle?

-forward momentum?

etc etc

so last word of your post and i mean *shamefull* just determines your skill level =D

btw 30 assists doen's means zero value even in DM

because it looks like someone was killed many many times while standing in roots there =D

Pretty much this.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zero value?

I run a Charged vMA Ice Staff on my Templar in PvP.

Throw Dark Flare.
    Drop Frost Blockade. What happens next?

My next light attack is boosted by a huge margin (empower + vMA staff). Proceeding light/heavy attacks are also stronger because the enemy is immobilized in my Blockade.

Oh and Minor Maim doesn't hurt either. I can even throw a Frost Reach and it will immobilize the enemy longer.

At this point the enemy doesn't have CC immunity yet unless they are running pots. This is where Total Dark gets applied.

More Dark Flare, more Frost Blockade/Reach and then if I want kills I slot Radiant Destruction (and Skoria procs a lot with Blockade).

Using this type of build gets you more assists absolutely, but in no way is it zero value. I just laugh when people assume I'm running a PvE build when they see Blockade.

And to answer your question, it is extremely fun. Let me ask you what do you run? Is it fun for you?

This is the potential of the build:
    219af27b-c2b6-4da7-ba13-b20db5205476.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=7iluLwDP5uVRAVpUwBITcG3rbLuBkqCBffACw1vZUhU%3D
    Edited by brandonv516 on September 25, 2018 9:21PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s very cheesy but very effective. Blockade spammers can be the difference between winning and losing because no stam in bgs = dead.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time a build relies on one skill, that's a gimmick to me. You're saying spamming heals and blockade is a good time? Have at it man. I'll be over here with a well rounded build that can stand it's own and actually kill people while providing support.

And no I didn't die to this scrub, I k ow how to dodge lol. All he ended up accomplishing is drawing out the fight past the timer and annoying a lot of people.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero value?

Throw Dark Flare.

My next light attack is boosted by a huge margin (empower + vMA staff). Proceeding light/heavy attacks are also stronger because the enemy is immobilized in my Blockade.

Oh and Minor Maim doesn't hurt either. I can even throw a Frost Reach and it will immobilize the enemy longer.

At this point the enemy doesn't have CC immunity yet unless they are running pots. This is where Total Dark gets applied.

More Dark Flare, more Frost Blockade/Reach and then if I want kills I slot Radiant Destruction (and Skoria procs a lot with Blockade).

Using this type of build gets you more assists absolutely, but in no way is it zero value. I just laugh when people assume I'm running a PvE build when they see Blockade.

And to answer your question, it is extremely fun. Let me ask you what do you run? Is it fun for you?

219af27b-c2b6-4da7-ba13-b20db5205476.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=7iluLwDP5uVRAVpUwBITcG3rbLuBkqCBffACw1vZUhU%3D

That score just proves my point. Overtime, still lost the match, and the assists are just you casting a wide net and annoying people before they get killed by someone else. Rubbish
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero value?
    n better.

Throw Dark Flare.

That score just proves my point. Overtime, still lost the match, and the assists are just you casting a wide net and annoying people before they get killed by someone else. Rubbish

He's immobilizing people so they can be killed by others. That's a completely valid strategy in group play. If it annoys enemies too, even better.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Zero value?
    n better.

Throw Dark Flare.

He's immobilizing people so they can be killed by others. That's a completely valid strategy in group play. If it annoys enemies too, even better.

It's score padding. Don't try to pretend it isn't. The only reason they show as assists is because its huge aoe that lasts a while and when you got 2-8 people in it at any given time you're bound to funnel a few assists into your bag. As I said, rubbish play style. Easy points. Zero skill.
    Edited by Datolite on September 26, 2018 12:25PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zero value?

Throw Dark Flare.

You didn't answer my question though. So I don't have a perspective into what you feel is value.

Not every build is the same. Some like to just steal kills from others with their super execute, some like to run into a group and spin around like a dancing queen with Steel Tornado, some like to sit back and play Sniper Warrior 3 with their bow.

Get used to people not playing the way you do. In the meantime I'll go back to "annoying" people.
    Edited by brandonv516 on September 26, 2018 12:53PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero value?

Throw Dark Flare.

You didn't answer my question though. So I don't have a perspective into what you feel is value.

Not every build is the same. Some like to just steal kills from others with their super execute, some like to run into a group and spin around like a dancing queen with Steel Tornado, some like to sit back and play Sniper Warrior 3 with their bow.

Get used to people not playing the way you do. In the meantime I'll go back to "annoying" people.

And some people like to spam BoL and blockade without end and soak up free points. There are plenty different kinds of dead weight. Yours just happens to drag out BGs painfully.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zero value?

Throw Dark Flare.

And some people like to spam BoL and blockade without end and soak up free points. There are plenty different kinds of dead weight. Yours just happens to drag out BGs painfully.
    what build/class do you play
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Zero value?

Throw Dark Flare.

what build/class do you play

Name one.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In defence of @datoliteb16_ESO, it does look like you were assisting the winning team as opposed to your own in that particular fight.

But, having run a lockup & blockade AoE build myself, pre-CwC, when ground AoE's went through walls etc - It was a valuable tool to have, especially in a small scale tower farming group for example. It's very situational but when you hit it on the head, it's a lot of pressure that's not always easy to see.
    Edited by BNOC on September 26, 2018 4:19PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zero value?

Throw Dark Flare.

Ah you're one of those guys. Someone really has you salty lol!

Good luck, I've "explained myself", I'm done in your thread.
    Edited by brandonv516 on September 26, 2018 5:20PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this fun for you? 0 kills, 30 "assists" and zero value to the team but for trolling the enemy. Yeah I know, get forward momentum. It's a bandaid solution to a cancerous form of gameplay. This is what people do who can't get points the good fashioned way... shameful.

My team came second the other day simply due to the fact the winning team where getting all the kills and me and one other on my team where getting all the assists ....

So while you say zero contribution ... Reality is assists are worth so much more ... Especially if the final.killinv blow was from your own team mates and not the enemy ... So maybe you should consider this simple question ...

Are you a team player like they are or you a glory hogging selfish player only interested in personal glory ... Cos honestly you should consider they fact that most players in BGs getting high numbers of kills are only doing so cos of awesome support players doing their jobs ....

Maybe you should ask what the zero kill zero assist zero heal brigade are contributing
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

My team came second the other day simply due to the fact the winning team where getting all the kills and me and one other on my team where getting all the assists ....

So while you say zero contribution ... Reality is assists are worth so much more ... Especially if the final.killinv blow was from your own team mates and not the enemy ... So maybe you should consider this simple question ...

Are you a team player like they are or you a glory hogging selfish player only interested in personal glory ... Cos honestly you should consider they fact that most players in BGs getting high numbers of kills are only doing so cos of awesome support players doing their jobs ....

Maybe you should ask what the zero kill zero assist zero heal brigade are contributing

Thanks, I'm aware of how support builds work. I run one regularly.

There are only two reasons people run builds like these: trolling, and padding their stats. There are way more effective ways of providing support.
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    "You should be ashamed" whispers just gets you targeted for more roots next match. :smiley:
    Edited by Diddly_D_Potatoes on September 29, 2018 5:19PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, its a part of the game.
    And if u make your build right - u have counter to snares and roots.
    If no bugged things like Winterborn or poisons, which ignored immunity to snares ofc.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a legit support build... I personally dont want to make one. Just like I dont enjoy playing negate tanks. They definetly have thier uses and I wouldnt mind having one on my side.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping your enemies locked up with roots and snares is really effective in Battleground even more since it is no cp, in which dealing with roots and snares is even more annoying.

All magica classes have a hard time dealing with roots and snares in no cp -> root spammer makes magica chars very easy to kill and helps to separate them from your team

Even as stam class is a pain to deal with so either keep up forward momentum 100% which is expensive or spam shuffle but that can not be sustain -> roots+snare spam to some point also good against stam

Root and snare spam is not useless it, it is even quite op as support.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23