Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Bars and Different Weapons

Corvinus_dar
Corvinus_dar
Soul Shriven
I am very new to this game having played Lotro for many years. I am loving the landscapes and quests. I am still trying to get my head around things like armour and enhancements, but as no piece really lasts long I will wait until I am lvl 50 before I really start to think about enhancements and such.

I have been googling various articles about Stamina dps Dragon Knights. I have a Khajjit Dragon Knight.

I run with Dual Wield on my main bar and switch to Bow on my second bar. Which I kind of get my head round, although I find I'm kinda squishy.
But.. I have seen some peoples builds (Delta Gaming guides) where they have Endless Hail (a bow skill) on their first bar which runs Dual Wield and then Rending Slashed (dual wield skill) on their second bar which mounts a bow, why would they do this? If I am in main bar slashing dual wield, why would I try to trigger a bow skill when the Bow is on the second bar, and if I am on second bar using my bow, why would I trigger a dual wield skill?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your instincts are correct. In order to use a bow skill you have to have a bow equipped on that bar. In order to use a DW skill, you have to have dual weapons equipped on that bar. I'm guessing you may have misunderstood what folks like Deltia are describing or showing. :)

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Corvinus_dar
    Corvinus_dar
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks but on their we pages they have picture diagrams of the skill bars and they definitely show what I described. I don't know why but it's in their guide for a Stamina DK. It doesn't make sense to me. I would go with what you say.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks but on their we pages they have picture diagrams of the skill bars and they definitely show what I described. I don't know why but it's in their guide for a Stamina DK. It doesn't make sense to me. I would go with what you say.

Try linking the URL that you're referencing and maybe we can better sort it out for you.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wouldn't use it there, but doesn't it get leveled all the time it's on the active bar? This is all for the training phase for the character, and the skills end up where you expect them for the end-game.

E.g. you can slot a bow skill before level 15, and raise it while dual-wielding. Then when you get access to the second bar, you already have something you can use effectively.
  • Corvinus_dar
    Corvinus_dar
    Soul Shriven
    Partomax wrote: »

Thanks for this, and thanks to the others for your replies