The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New capture the relic trend...

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm team X, the other 2 are Y and Z. Team Y went to our spawn, got our relic and stayed there all game long. Warden tank holding the relic, templar pocket healer with him, and their 2 dps stam sorc and stamblade. My team had no healer so there was nothing we could do against them. Meanwhile team Z captured Y's relic 5 times. Has happened twice today. Not sure if it was the same players(probably was), but seriously wth is wrong with this PvP community? Weird stuff like this happens in Cyrodiil all the time too. Remove the whole 3 team nonsense and make it 2.
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    That’s called strategy. Working smarter, not harder. Try co-ordinating with your team, or assembling one to balance out your roles and maximise potential.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s called strategy. Working smarter, not harder. Try co-ordinating with your team, or assembling one to balance out your roles and maximise potential.

Either trolling, or you don't know how to read. Not trying to be mean, but your comment is nonsense. It was 1 team vs 2.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    You’re right, I just woke up so your words didn’t fully sink into my squishy mind.
    I spend majority of my time in Lv 50 battlegrounds and I’ve never seen this happen. This is not to say that it doesn’t happen, but it’s an extremely unlikely case. I know it’s tough going up against one pre-made team, let alone how frustrating it would be going up against two that co-ordinate together.

That being said, MMOs are a social game, and the 4vs4vs4 is a dynamic that I personally find wonderfully stimulating. While I acknowledge this is a frustrating experience for players, it should not infringe upon the game’s core PvP design.

If you find this behaviour frustrating, again, my original suggestion of designing a team to stand a better chance, will provide greater excitement and challenge for you. Even if your goal is not to win against the 2vs1, but disrupt their ability to score points as easily.
    Edited by FoolishOptimist on September 22, 2018 9:54PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Take team Z's relic and bring it back to your base. Team Z will be forced to come to your base and it will shake things up a bit. Team Y might kill you and take Team Z's relic but then they are forced to fight both sides.

Also relic holders get an invisible debuff after so long that affects shields and heals, so eventually the tank should have gone down holding it for so long.

If you keep running into this, either group with friends and/or queue for everything but flag games.
    Edited by brandonv516 on September 22, 2018 10:45PM
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not every group is a premade, I always q'solo and sure, there are times I end up in a weird team, but most of the time when pugging, the group always have a base of understandment what to do. And try to communicate with your team, that also works a lot.

You cant get mad at a group for their ability to co-ordinate, having a strategy that works, or pugs that actually talk to their team and execute both what I just said. You did be surprised how many pug groups "look like a premade", while they are not.

And if youre in a odd group with bare communications and everyone is running all over the place and not regarding other teammates, then simply adapt to your current situation, and try to make the best of it.
    2yyujoj.jpg
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could have been friends on the opposing teams helping each other to win, so to speak.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This type of abuse doesn’t happen frequently, but it would happen even less if solo and group were two different queues.

Bad experiences with solo queue v group queue make players want to do battlegrounds less, which ultimately leads to longer wait times.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without the right team, Capture the Relic is a lost cause.
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like team Y wanted to force a 2nd place tie, therefore giving everyone the daily reward box and xp...
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of thing has been going on since BGs started.

2 teams coordinate, and then cheat the other team.

I didn't read up if it was against the ToS, but due to the minimal award offered in BGs, I was minimally bothered by it.

If it becomes a repeat thing I would be bothered with it. Also if it were to happen in deathmatch, given deathmatch is the more competitive BG.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Without the right team, Capture the Relic is a lost cause.

Yup. I groan when that mode comes up for the daily random. It’s getting to the point where it’s probably faster and less frustrating to abandon the BG and run the daily on a different alt while waiting for the deserter penalty to expire.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would have thought a 3 way game mode would be a clown fiesta...
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I'm team X, the other 2 are Y and Z. Team Y went to our spawn, got our relic and stayed there all game long. Warden tank holding the relic, templar pocket healer with him, and their 2 dps stam sorc and stamblade. My team had no healer so there was nothing we could do against them. Meanwhile team Z captured Y's relic 5 times. Has happened twice today. Not sure if it was the same players(probably was), but seriously wth is wrong with this PvP community? Weird stuff like this happens in Cyrodiil all the time too. Remove the whole 3 team nonsense and make it 2.

When you don't have the skill to kill have the brains to reap the gains