The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please get some Dev or Mod response here?

Crimsonorion
Crimsonorion
✭✭✭
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434017/eso-launcher-crashes-on-update-9-04-2018/p8 <--This Thread

So other then the copy/paste "We are working on it" response we have seen no update or speculation from ZOS on this, and every update it is STILL HAPPENING after almost a month. Now yes, some people have put work arounds and using a VPN allows the game to update but surely something has been looked at? Now as I stated in the thread PTS updates with no issues, no workaround needed, no VPN's etc. It just seems like the LIVE updates are the issue. Come on ZOS, I'm not gonna start a "OMG I CAN'T PLAY SO I'M GONNA CANCEL" rant, but give us something at least. But I'm sure the only thing that will happen is some Forum Mod will come by, use Copy/Paste from their Canned Response sheet and close the thread saying "We are working on it"
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to load the PTS from scratch 3 times and ran into this issue. Ultimately abandoned it. They were saying it was determined to be a ISP problem , and for those not Internet litterate it's your Internet Service Provider blocking some files, causing your update to not get the game files it needs.

Now if it turned into a real problem, ZOS could always enable an encrypted VPN tunnel in your client to protect the transfer of their files, but that's an engineering todo should they decide it's worth it. It also provides some security, but definitely not a short term fix for those having an issue now. Good luck :)
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Trying to load the PTS from scratch 3 times and ran into this issue. Ultimately abandoned it. They were saying it was determined to be a ISP problem , and for those not Internet litterate it's your Internet Service Provider blocking some files, causing your update to not get the game files it needs.

Now if it turned into a real problem, ZOS could always enable an encrypted VPN tunnel in your client to protect the transfer of their files, but that's an engineering todo should they decide it's worth it. It also provides some security, but definitely not a short term fix for those having an issue now. Good luck :)

The last few PTS updates have worked fine for me, when its JUST the PTS updating. And today I used a VPN to download the LIVE update, then closed the launcher [PTS was around 25%] turned off the VPN and opened the launcher and PTS updated no problem after a few minutes.
  • Marika
    Marika
    ✭✭
    So it is not me then. My update stopped at 10% and froze. Can't even close the launcher. I am in EU and play in NA servers. I don't want to lose my daily reward count :(
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Marika wrote: »
    So it is not me then. My update stopped at 10% and froze. Can't even close the launcher. I am in EU and play in NA servers. I don't want to lose my daily reward count :(

Go to the link provided and some people have posted workarounds, using the VPN "Tunnel Bear" has worked for me. You turn it on then after the update turn it off [Its free so you only have 1gb of data per month so turn it off after the update so you don't waste it]
  • Marika
    Marika
    ✭✭
    Tx Crim, I will try that .
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense, but it is very unlikely Zos will reply to this thread since the one you linked is the one they are clearly communicating through.

Zos asked everyone effected to submit a ticket and later stated this was an ISP issue, that some ISPs were blocking this update. They provided a possible solution for players short term and they asked the ISPs to let the traffic through. They also mentioned that they would be looking at other means to prevent ISPs from blocking this in the future.

I cannot fathom what else Zos can state until they have something else to add. Heck, even other players have posted how they worked around this block. Great thread you lijnked.

Probably the more significant Zos statement in that thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5429707/#Comment_5429707
    Edited by idk on September 24, 2018 7:11PM
  • Marika
    Marika
    ✭✭
    Actually the WINDscribe VPn from the comments worked wonders. Patched it in 2 minutes
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already an ongoing thread regarding the launcher issues, we are going to close this discussion. We are still looking into this issue and solutions as described here. Please use this thread for any further commentary specific to the launcher issues that started on September 4th.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.