Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any way to make 'vendors' more visible?

lypheb16_ESO
I seen to spend a lot of time hovering over toons to try and figure out who is a vendor and what they might sell. Anyone seen an addon or option that would highlight vendors? Cheers!
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    That would be great. Not sure if there is a way to do it though
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game REALLY needs nameplates, plus something to indicate vendors on the map. Quite a few vendors aren't located in the town market.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is code in place for highlighting, including highlight strength.

I see no harm in a "vendor" specific highlight option, or "interactable npc" specific to generalize more -- vendors, stablehands, questgivers, and generally any NPC that has something worthwhile to say, would then be highlighted when targeted.

sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png
    Edited by Sarenia on April 5, 2014 3:01PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you mouse over a vendor on the road they have a tag that says they're a merchant. When you find a vendor in a city, they generally have a giant sign over their heads. I don't see the need for glowing arrows pointing to their heads. Look for the person standing around and talking like they own a store.
    ----
    Murray?
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you mouse over a vendor on the road they have a tag that says they're a merchant. When you find a vendor in a city, they generally have a giant sign over their heads. I don't see the need for glowing arrows pointing to their heads. Look for the person standing around and talking like they own a store.

This is where I'm at. Granted, I am not opposed to, in fact I support the notion of any feature as long as it's optional and doesn't impose unwarranted advantages, no matter if i support the actual feature or not.

Nonetheless, the map shows the vendors general location. Then you have the sign banners hanging about. Finally, the target NPC is front and center when you look at them.

Once that initial contact is made, my character knows them and their location. I implement AOs to remove every teel form the HUD as possible. The only thing I have active is my character's M/H/S and the enemy bar that pops up when targeted. Otherwise, it's a blank screen.

I wished I could remove the cones, circles and sparks that erupt from the head of the enemy telling me they are about to do a PA. The enemy's animation has subtle tells and I don't need the other stuff.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't currently a way to increase their visibility. Honestly, it is just an experience thing - once you've been in your faction's cities enough, you'll remember who the vendors are.