Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Locations of chests inside Scalecaller Peak?

weedgenius
weedgenius
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, have you found chests in this dungeon and, if so, where? I've run it a lot but never come across one yet.
PS4 NA
Better Homes & Gardens
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Hey guys, have you found chests in this dungeon and, if so, where? I've run it a lot but never come across one yet.

I know most of them by heart. Here' s a few I remember out of the top my head in chronological order as you run through the dungeon:

1. in the very small room directly behind and connected to the first bossroom with the 2 ogres (chest is on the left next to a small tent or something)

2. Upon entering the second bossroom (stone gargoyle) itself directly on your left is a chest location, outside the actual fighting arena

3. In the next room behind the second bossroom directly to your left against the furthest wall is a chest location

4. after exiting the bossroom you take a wooden path, that leads to a wooden bridge. Next to the start of the bridge, there are two columns. Behind the far column there is a chest.

5. after you run over a small wooden bridge in the icy surrounding part you arrive in an open place with skeevers on your left, 1 giant and 1 water sister and also a path directly to your right which leads down to a dead end with no mobs in it but that end is a chest location to check every time. Best ask your team to wait a bit as you go check this location since it's out of the way and most groups just run by this corridor, never checking it.

6. While climbing up the river towards the matriarch you come across a small group of harpies. To the right of the harpies close "around the corner/behind the rock" is another spot

7. in the next room you enter after you exit third boss room (matriarch), directly to your left against the wall is a chest location to check.

8. then you kill some mobs in the outside part including birds, skeevers and 1 big giant and on the top of this outside part to your right is a chest location near one of the furthest 'cliffs'. Make sure you run far enough till the end to look back and be able to see all corners of those cliff rocks in order to spot it.

9. After checking that chest location outside you continue into an inside part with alot of furniture and adds, leaving the outside part behind. after killing all those adds an npc will come and open the door directly to your left which opens a corridor that leads back down to a previous part with in the middle of the corridor a chest location to check. Since most groups dont know this and don't wait for the quest npc to open the door but continue the path running upward they usually miss this chest. Again you need to ask the group to wait if you want to check it.

10. Inside the very furniture room itself where you just killed all the adds is also a chest location against the wall to the right of the path leading further into the dungeon (upward).

11. In the next room with the adds where the tank is tested first time on his 'green geyser skills' there is a chest location on the side between the furniture (I believe directly to your right as you walk into this room)

12. directly behind this first green geyser room there's a small place with 2 poison pools you can bathe in. 1 pool to your left, the other pool straight ahead is a chest location. You can't miss it. The path continuing up is on your right here.

13. Directly behind the fourth boss room (plague doctor) is the final corridor which leads directly towards endboss Zaan but before you reach her in the middle of this corridor (where it turns right 90°) there's a small open air place on your left with a chest location directly within sight. If there is a chest you will see it without needing to go outside of the corridor itself at all. It's plain obvious in sight if you just visually check it as you run by this open place.

There you go :)

Edited by profundidob16_ESO on September 28, 2018 12:01PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @profundidob16_ESO You are my actual hero!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! Jorvuld's shock staff here I come....
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    @profundidob16_ESO You are my actual hero!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! Jorvuld's shock staff here I come....

yw ;) Glad I could help and don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear. Also just edited to add more detail to descriptions
  • pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭
    Actually you missed one, Prof :smile:

I think it's between point 2 and 3. You take a wood path, that leads to a wooden bridge. Next to the start of the bridge, there are two columns, behind the far one there is a chest.

And what about heavy sacks? there are some locations too, like under that wood path or on the right just after the wooden bridge, behind the tent where two Ogres are sleeping with their wolves, in the left poison pool in Prof's point 9, ..

Still, if you use HarvestMap and update it with the complete DB, it will indicate all the locations of chests and heavy sacks on the map.

Do you also need backpacks, WeedGenius? :smiley:
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pluckpluck wrote: »
    Actually you missed one, Prof :smile:

I think it's between point 2 and 3. You take a wood path, that leads to a wooden bridge. Next to the start of the bridge, there are two columns, behind the far one there is a chest.

And what about heavy sacks? there are some locations too, like under that wood path or on the right just after the wooden bridge, behind the tent where two Ogres are sleeping with their wolves, in the left poison pool in Prof's point 9, ..

Still, if you use HarvestMap and update it with the complete DB, it will indicate all the locations of chests and heavy sacks on the map.

Do you also need backpacks, WeedGenius? :smiley:

ah right, I remember what you mean. added it in for completeness
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another chest before the matriarch. While climbing up the river towards the matriarch you come across a small group of harpies. To the right of the harpies close "around the corner/behind the rock" is another spot
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    There's another chest before the matriarch. While climbing up the river towards the matriarch you come across a small group of harpies. To the right of the harpies close "around the corner/behind the rock" is another spot

hey mate. That one I can't visually remember. In case we run again tonight please show me this exact spot as well. I added it to the list already for completeness.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @profundidob16_ESO Thanks for your diligence :smile: and thanks so much to everyone else for their contributions as well! I've been able to find a bunch of chests now thanks to this!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yw. added another one (number 2 now)

I think we have them pretty much all now lol :)