Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS on my StamBlade miraculously jumped 10k

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I decided to do a DPS parse on my StamBlade after a long time. First it started out as me just messing with the Precursor cause that would be a quick thing, but when I noticed I could get in the 40's with him, I got curious, so I switched to my 3mil dummy and did a few runs. This was my in the moment reaction to my Guild Master.

hNhRB9X.png

You have to understand, my usual self buffed parse with my craptastic StamBlade was on average 22k. I think I could chalk that up to not slotting Focus as well as using Bloodthirst as my old spammable instead of Surprise Attack. This time I'm pretty much using the same rotation as what I saw in an Alcast build, and the number the game gave me tonight was not what I was expecting. At all.... ever. Seriously I expected to have a poor parse forever, always felt I couldn't quite get Animation Cancelling all the way down. But geez, feels good man.

Here's a clip of my parse when I tried to recreate it. Took me a few tries cause I started making a ton of mistakes keeping up with the rotation. You can see me wait too long to reapply my DoTs, and breaking rotation to get a Focus proc off. Yet even with these mistakes I could still pull 32k, it's spooky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgdmi8ED7qc
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    8% more damage from focus and 11% more from major fracture from surprise attack and you are at 19% more damage already, which would be 26k. Good work though, a little practice goes a long way too.

I get 30k without using pots and trap.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 24, 2018 10:43AM
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭

That's like participating in a race without tying your shoes. Why would you do that?
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats :)

If you want to simplify alcasts rotation (I pull 45k+ with this rota, 53k adding a bit of dynamic to it & doing trap > LA > Swap > Hail at the end for higher beserking uptime) go:
    > Endless Hail > Light Attack > Razor Caltrops > Light Attack > Poison Injection > Weapon Swap
    > Light Attack > Rearming Trap > Light Attack > Rending Slashes > 4x Skills (Surprise attack, bow proc, re buff) > Weapon Swap
    > Restart

So literally count 4 skills after rending then repeat, save getting jumbled with tracking timers etc
    Edited by Sparr0w on September 24, 2018 11:28AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's like participating in a race without tying your shoes. Why would you do that?

Because I am cheap and 30k DPS is better then 83% of the other DPS I run with in the group finder. Want have your mind really blown? I use the tower mundas too, have 41k max Stam. For rp reasons.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need advice though. With my setup now i have 3355 damage with 1085 recovery with 1 recovery glyph and 2 damage, and im having trouble sustaining. If i change out the two damage with more recovery my unbuffed weapon damage will fall below 3k, and that kinda annoys me. I know while buffed itll get well into the upper 3k or even low 4k, but just sitting normal at like 2,900 looks so inadequate.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I need advice though. With my setup now i have 3355 damage with 1085 recovery with 1 recovery glyph and 2 damage, and im having trouble sustaining. If i change out the two damage with more recovery my unbuffed weapon damage will fall below 3k, and that kinda annoys me. I know while buffed itll get well into the upper 3k or even low 4k, but just sitting normal at like 2,900 looks so inadequate.

What sets do you have on? Food used? Max Stam? Crit percentage? All these matter just as much as max weapon damage.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What sets do you have on? Food used? Max Stam? Crit percentage? All these matter just as much as max weapon damage.

Hundings, Spriggans, and Selenes.
    Blue Max Stam food.
    38.6k Stam

I forget Crit chance exactly, its 60-something with dual daggers, one of em precise.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hundings, Spriggans, and Selenes.
    Blue Max Stam food.
    38.6k Stam

I forget Crit chance exactly, its 60-something with dual daggers, one of em precise.

Your stats sound fine. If you can't sustain, you cant DPS. Eventually you will get better with your rotation and be able to lose the regen glyphs. Also what are your enchants on your weapons? Meta is back bar poison, front bar main hand is disease/absorb Stam, off hand is infused berserk, which next patch will proc off of all damaging weapon ablitys, so you will have almost 100% up time on the berserk, that is an extra like 750 weapon damage and the absorb stamina will be physical damage, meaning you will lose less damage from that while get more sustain.