Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Welcome to 5 Day Early Maintainence.

Daverios
Daverios
✭✭✭✭
This is such BS.

You should not have offered the 5 days if you could not gaurentee the days. I am spending more time looking and damn maintenance message than I am playing the damn game.

Shame on you ZOS. People with 5 day ended up getting 3 and those with 3 ended up getting one. Seriously? Lame.

I for one can not wait till live then instead of 50 people piled up at the end of every cave corpse humping the boss we can have 100.
Edited by Daverios on April 3, 2014 7:24PM
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, this is the questions and answers forum. How may I help you?
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • la_frankie_ESO
    This "early access" was a joke. Granted, I got the 3 day head start, but literally with all the outages on the west coast I only got to play maybe 4-5 hours at best before seeing today, at Noon my time servers are back down AGAIN to prepare for launch.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not unusual at all for an MMO with early access to have quite a bit of maintenance time during early access.

The way I see it, early access serves several purposes. First and foremost being that it serves as a last minute beta test to head off as many problems that didn't present themselves during beta as possible.
    Edited by Glurin on April 3, 2014 7:29PM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    This "early access" was a joke. Granted, I got the 3 day head start, but literally with all the outages on the west coast I only got to play maybe 4-5 hours at best before seeing today, at Noon my time servers are back down AGAIN to prepare for launch.

Exactly. You got totally shafted.

May I ask, had you known you would only get 1 day. Would you still have pre -ordered?
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

The way I see it, early access serves several purposes. First and foremost being that it serves as a last minute beta test to head off as many problems that didn't present themselves during beta as possible.

No Absolutely not I DO NOT pay to beta, and yes they have taken my money therefore I have paid. That is what BETA weekend were for. Like just wow, what did you think the purpose of those were anyway? Just to create hype?

• cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Early access translates as :

head start
    paid preview of the game
    last minute testing
    finalizing server for prolonged use
    paid preview of the game
    last minute bug fixes
    final polish if needed
    last minute testing
    paid preview of the game

If you have ever played an early access which judging from a lot of threads on this forum most people haven't, you would know this happens and is supposed to happen and SHOULD happen.

You want a nice working polished game for launch ?
    Don't want downtime ?

Both of the above contradict each other you cant have both at once and both require each other for either to work.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daverios wrote: »
    This is such BS.
    Yes, this thread is.

• RaazrFace
    RaazrFace
    :o
    Edited by RaazrFace on April 5, 2014 2:05PM
  • RaazrFace
    RaazrFace
    :o
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, in every MMO game since ever, 'Early Access' aka 'Head Start', has always been a final beta run for official launch.

Furthermore, every MMO game since ever, has always had bugs and more maintenance than usual in the first month(s) after release. Good developers manage to grind through bugfixes, and those that don't end up flopping the game (as with Age of Conan). There may be some golden, magical exception to this rule, but most of the time when somebody says "Well game 'n' was absolutely perfect from the start!" they are talking out of their posterior, and Google can prove them wrong.

Zenimax has been busting their buns to address issues as far as I can tell. This is their first release as an organization, too. Right now, they don't have any fanboys or anything, they are a fresh face with the weight on their shoulders that comes with expanding a massive franchise like The Elder Scrolls, and they are no doubt keenly aware that their behavior now will make or break their future.

sarenia_signature_20140331_2_zpsf0981332.png
    Edited by Sarenia on April 5, 2014 2:10PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    Hello, this is the questions and answers forum. How may I help you?
    Actually, it's the General Discussion forum guised as having a sole purpose of Q&A.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• ben61704
    ben61704
    Soul Shriven
    Daverios wrote: »
    This is such BS.

You should not have offered the 5 days if you could not gaurentee the days. I am spending more time looking and damn maintenance message than I am playing the damn game.

Shame on you ZOS. People with 5 day ended up getting 3 and those with 3 ended up getting one. Seriously? Lame.

I for one can not wait till live then instead of 50 people piled up at the end of every cave corpse humping the boss we can have 100.

Oh shut up. Ive played like 12 hours a day. Early access was well worth it.
    Edited by ben61704 on April 5, 2014 2:38PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already extended free playing time for early access folks to make up for it - which they didn't have to do, because everyone already knows that early access can be rocky. But they did anyway.
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Early access tends to have lots of updates, I would prefer a solid launch than eeking out a full five days.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    They already extended free playing time for early access folks to make up for it - which they didn't have to do, because everyone already knows that early access can be rocky. But they did anyway.

Sort of.

That only applies if you didn't register before the spontaneously offered grace period was given. Most of us, myself included, registered on the 3rd of April. Doing so invalidated out supposedly extra grace days due to the downtime.

Many of us were unhappy about this, having vigilantly waited around for 12+ hours during just one downtime amongs others (thus spawning the Downtime Defenders).

In truth, ZOS dropped the ball on this one. We can chalk it up to being vastly overworked right now, but it's on the record all the same.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 5, 2014 3:12PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]