Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac Specs Update

XDark_One13
XDark_One13
✭✭✭
In the pts patch notes v 4.2.0 it says there will be update for mac, and the minimum specs are being updated. It says model late 2013 27 inch imac and newer. My computer is a macbook pro mid 2012. Is ESO still going to work on my computer? Or is it just going to work less efficiently?
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    I would also like to know if this results in later iMac models such as the mid 2010- mid 2011 not being compatible with the new update? Does anyone else have any information on this topic?
  • Ashamam
    Ashamam
    Soul Shriven
    If your GPU doesn’t support Metal you are out of luck. Either run boot camp on your Mac, upgrade your Mac or shift to console. Pretty much the same thing happened to World of Warcraft.
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone successfully downloaded the PTS Mac Client and been able to run it yet? Crashes on launch on my 2018 13" MacBook Pro with an eso quit unexpectedly error referencing MoltenVK. iGPU definitely supports Metal, so hopefully this gets straightened out before murkmire goes live.
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was able to run it on a 2013 iMac i7 with GTX 780M. The frame rates were horrible comparing to live, but as they said, they are still working on it, so not unexpected. Some skills did not work at all, and UI colors were all messed up. The game crashed when I tried to move skills on the bar to see which ones are working. Overall, it looks like they have a long road ahead of them.
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • Archire
    Archire
    So as long as my MacbookPro Late 2013 runs Metal - which it does - I won't be experiencing any issues with ESO in Game Update 20, is that correct? Because the way they wrote - "Late-2013 27-inch iMac" - did sound like MacBooks wouldn't be able to run ESO anymore...
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Archire wrote: »
    So as long as my MacbookPro Late 2013 runs Metal - which it does - I won't be experiencing any issues with ESO in Game Update 20, is that correct? Because the way they wrote - "Late-2013 27-inch iMac" - did sound like MacBooks wouldn't be able to run ESO anymore...

Probably best to try it on PTS.

It may simply be that they don't think performance is high enough, or maybe there is some incompatibility with the early Metal GPUs ... ?
  • ghwaite
    ghwaite
    ✭✭✭
    I been wanting a new MacBook Pro for a white so if there is an issue on my late 2013 that will be the final push to getting a new one!
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new specs from ZOS are super vague. If your model has Metal support and can do the Mojave upgrade there shouldn't be any issues as long as you also have the memory and cpu speed required for the game. After this week's patch though even less people can even open the game on the PTS on High Sierra than before let alone Mojave and its crashing hard at every little thing. This is concerning as the Live launch draws ever closer and we seem to be even further from compatibility at this time. Last time there were game breaking issues for Mac they went Live on us and it took additional weeks to see fixes.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭

FYI some updates in this week's PTS. Anyone tried them?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5521426/#Comment_5521426
    Mac Game Client

Fixed some issues that would cause the changing between resolutions and full screen to windowed mode to result in a lower than desired resolution.

Fixed an issue that was causing colors to display incorrectly in various UI elements.
    Fixed an issue that was preventing in-game clutter assets from displaying correctly.
    Fixed an issue that was causing a crash upon launch for certain display settings.
    Fixed an issue that was causing the screen to stretch incorrectly in windowed mode.

• Kaytlin
    Kaytlin
    ✭✭✭
    I run a late 2015 27 in iMac with a 3.2 G intel Core i5, 24G RAM, with an AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB video. I am running Mojave and it ran just fine before latest patch to murkmier. Since the patch most Mac users have been reporting drastic reductions in FPS. Mine went from 60FPS to around 20-30FPS. Devs have mentioned that they are working on this but have not seen an update on when they expect resolution. For PVP it is pretty unusable and in zones that are heavily populated in PVE it slows to around 10-15 FPS. Definitely something that needs to be addressed.