The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there any way to increase the percentage of my sets 5 piece bonus?

kidkronix
kidkronix
Soul Shriven
I dont have the set yet but i dont wanna get it and it not proc at all, so is 10% a good enough percentage or can i increase it?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most sets with a % can’t really be changed in that way. Some will give better bonuses when upgrading the quality (white, green, blue, purple, gold). Which set specifically are you looking at?
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    It partly depends on whether it's for you attacking, or you getting hit.

For attacking, 10% is reasonably good. It will proc often enough to be a regular occurrence — probably once every two or three mobs. 8% chances will be OK, and 5% chances will be kinda debatable (the effect better be pretty special).

For defending, you'll want a higher percent because you have to depend on monsters attacking, and individually they're relatively slow. Even Thunderbug's 50% chance is kinda weak against a single enemy, though it is fantastic against swarms. You'll need to look at exactly what sort of effect is being done.

So, you can't change it, but in general the percentages are "good enough". That doesn't always make the set bonus worthwhile, though.

Ashen Grip, for example, is horrible, though more due to the damage and proc conditions than the proc chance. It has the same proc chance as Red Mountain (which is generally pretty good), but does 1/8 the damage, and requires melee damage rather than any direct weapon damage to trigger it. So it's useless when using a bow, and mob placement means that the small AOE isn't going to be hitting multiple targets, and even if you did hit multiple targets, you still aren't going to do as much damage as Red Mountain (which also doesn't have to worry about mob positioning).