The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ravanger over a. Yokeda?

scionix90
scionix90
✭✭✭
So I switched out my all gold and retraited a. Yokeda with just gold weapons and purple jewelry with just a few retraits, and having paired with relequen and it’s doing higher parses then the yokeda / relequen combo by about 1.5-2k. And they aren’t even all gold and 2 still have healthy traits. I’m a RG stamblade btw and I have a pretty smooth rotation with weaving and ani cancelling, and just mainly do pve. Was wondering if anyone else has tried this out?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/435916/pts-stam-sorc-dps-test#latest

Keep in mind this is on pts and I am a stam sorc, we have much less buffs/debuffs than stamblades.

I use ravager and relequen on live. For Sorc's, ravagers dmg buff is more useful to us because we get a little bit more DMG amps.

You can buy Ravager Gold Jewelry easily. I got full gold for about 60-80k per ring/necklace.

The hp 3pc bonus is very useful. It's needed when using dubious cameron throne anyway so it isn't a wasted stat. Just remember Ravager is RNG dependent and you only get really high uptime (60-75%) if you are using relequen that proc's it.

On PTS: medium armor gives 15% instead of 12% weapon dmg too now. The berserker weapon enchantment now has higher uptime because it can proc off of weapon abilities, even if in your offhand. Updated Absorb Stamina enchantment to physical weapon dmg. Look at my mean and max weapon dmg in that parse. It's insanely high and I saw about a 5-6k dps increase from live.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 22, 2018 3:36PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The DPS difference is really low between them even though Advancing Yokeda is slightly better. I prefer Ravager because the Max Health bonus. I play an Imperial Stam DK with bi-stat food, I have like 24k Health with Warhorn and Ebon ^^ Might be a bit overkill but it's good to survive things that would kill a standart DD.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa, what you think is best at DD? Mag dk or Stam dk? Im mag dk 45k solo, I wandering if I switch to Stam I could get more DPS and maybe get a better spot in trials the next patch...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    Liofa, what you think is best at DD? Mag dk or Stam dk? Im mag dk 45k solo, I wandering if I switch to Stam I could get more DPS and maybe get a better spot in trials the next patch...

Can't say anything until patch notes are complete. But for now, both are performing extremely bad in PTS compared to other classes. StamDK is literally worst class in terms of damage output while MagDK occupies a melee spot and can't sustain a light attack rotation without Equilibrium. Follow Boone for MagDK builds btw, he has the best MagDK stuff.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    The DPS difference is really low between them even though Advancing Yokeda is slightly better. I prefer Ravager because the Max Health bonus. I play an Imperial Stam DK with bi-stat food, I have like 24k Health with Warhorn and Ebon ^^ Might be a bit overkill but it's good to survive things that would kill a standart DD.

It’s slightly better in your opinion but in mine, it’s not. I’ve done many solo and grp test and ravanger always pulls ahead.
    Edited by scionix90 on September 22, 2018 8:24PM
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    How can you say its worse......
    https://youtu.be/5IqGexRT2N0
    With the same buffs warden and nightblade get its on par!
    Edited by Appo on September 23, 2018 9:33PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    scionix90 wrote: »
    Liofa wrote: »

It’s slightly better in your opinion but in mine, it’s not. I’ve done many solo and grp test and ravanger always pulls ahead.

Yeah, especially if you're running dubious cameron throne, the max hp bonus is necessary to reach above 16k hp.

Just have to check the uptime. If it averages out to 60%+ then you are better off with Ravager and even then I get RNG moments of 75-80% uptime which is huge.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I switched out my all gold and retraited a. Yokeda with just gold weapons and purple jewelry with just a few retraits, and having paired with relequen and it’s doing higher parses then the yokeda / relequen combo by about 1.5-2k. And they aren’t even all gold and 2 still have healthy traits. I’m a RG stamblade btw and I have a pretty smooth rotation with weaving and ani cancelling, and just mainly do pve. Was wondering if anyone else has tried this out?

Advancing Yokeda is a bit more difficult to use-- if you can't keep the x5 crit bonus do to improper weaving or trial mechanics, ravager will outperform it.

Strictly speaking AY is better than Ravager simply because weapon crit out-scales weapon damage in a raid. So if ravager is equal to or even slightly better than AY on a dummy, AY still wins in raid for stamblade.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appo wrote: »
    How can you say its worse......
    https://youtu.be/5IqGexRT2N0
    With the same buffs warden and nightblade get its on par!

Dummy means nothing. StamDK can have indeed same dps when he just stands and hits target, but in many fights burst matters, where stamDK will be already behind other classess.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serious why question. How is having health bonus on set any important metric to talk about. There are enchants and attribute points.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try leviathan is very similar to advancing yokeda and very easy to farm and buff is always there so no interruption will disrupt your deeps.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Try leviathan is very similar to advancing yokeda and very easy to farm and buff is always there so no interruption will disrupt your deeps.

Yokeda carries over which is why it’s better
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭

Advancing Yokeda is a bit more difficult to use-- if you can't keep the x5 crit bonus do to improper weaving or trial mechanics, ravager will outperform it.

Strictly speaking AY is better than Ravager simply because weapon crit out-scales weapon damage in a raid. So if ravager is equal to or even slightly better than AY on a dummy, AY still wins in raid for stamblade.

I have zero problem keeping yokeda up, I can keep everything up very well. I’m not saying you but it’s like a lot of ppl can’t read. I have the AY set all golded and retraited and can run it very smooth, yet ravanger still out performs.
    Edited by scionix90 on September 29, 2018 1:25AM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ruikkarikun on September 29, 2018 6:00AM
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think on console ravager outperforms yokeda just based on lag/performance issues on console.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravage>Advanced Yokeda for Khajiit anyways, as you have 80+ crit without AY anyways.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be careful, because the reason why ravager is so good currently, on par with jokeda, is because of relequen, being direct damage instead of a dot, so it;s probably a bug.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Briarheart for life.
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Be careful, because the reason why ravager is so good currently, on par with jokeda, is because of relequen, being direct damage instead of a dot, so it;s probably a bug.

Not a bug, it's intended.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joker99 wrote: »
    JinMori wrote: »

Not a bug, it's intended.

Well then. It's actually better this way.