The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MMR decreasing in time?

xericdx
xericdx
✭✭✭
Hello,

I was wondering if the MMR you accumulate while playing BG slowly decreases with time. Concretely, if I don't play on a character for a long time, will my MMR be lower ?

Mostly a curiosity but would be useful to understand for several reasons. For example, I would like to bring 1 or 2 Guildies to check out BG who have never played PvP. I don't want to get them demotivated playing against high skilled players so I would rather bring a Char with low MMR, even if I am myself bad at it. As I can only PvP for a few days every few months I was wondering if my main(s) would still be appropriate or not.

Thanks
Characters
Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
PC EU

Best Answers

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I gather it doesn't matter how long you go without playing a toon.

I took a long break on my main and played alts. Came back on him and still waited through long queues.
    Answer ✓
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Can confirm too that my DC character is still locked behind 20-40 minute solo queues after over 3 weeks downtime.

If it helps the battleground community. I've been predominately healer in Deathmatch mode on a copy and paste character of my main over the downtime. Medals have been low as you can imagine, as a result don't see the leaderboards. Character still feels unaffected by MMR, meaning solo queue pops are approx under 5 minutes.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
    Answer ✓
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hasn't given any details at all related to MMR. In fact they totally slipped it in sneaky sneaky with Summerset without telling the community ahead of time. All I know is I still can't get games on my main toon in under 30 minutes and I feel sad and violated.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I imagined we did not get any clear info regarding this, as everything around MMR :smile:

Any players/community representatives who is able to make some good estimated guess based on experience?

I would actually be a good example myself, as I can only have good enough internet connection for PvP every 3 months or so (holidays home). I have almost all achievements on my main so might be able to see who I will be up against during next break. However, not before October....
    Characters
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies!

... Even if we don't know the details and maths behind, it would be useful to know at least the basic of how the system works with information such as the above from ZOS
    Characters
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

PC EU
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.. Don't think so either. My alts have started to see tougher competition, but the mains I have shelved don't have it any easier.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not

Nor does losing a lot decrease your MMR
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how it works. I used my elite mathematology skills to desypher the algorithmic calculamations.

So here it is:

The more BGs you play.... the longer your BG queues will become.

It was a pretty tough nut to crack, but I’m pretty darn book smart. Can’t fool me.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I know how it works. I used my elite mathematology skills to desypher the algorithmic calculamations.

So here it is:

The more BGs you play.... the longer your BG queues will become.

It was a pretty tough nut to crack, but I’m pretty darn book smart. Can’t fool me.

So the trick to being able to play lots of BGs is to not play a lot of BGs.

GG zos.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still advocate for a skills baseds rankings system which is visible, maybe even one where the ranking can go up or down.

But at a minimum, one that is based on wins/losses. In other words, a rankings indicative of player skill primarily.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    I'd still advocate for a skills baseds rankings system which is visible, maybe even one where the ranking can go up or down.

But at a minimum, one that is based on wins/losses. In other words, a rankings indicative of player skill primarily.

I don't think Games Played = Skill

Think of how many GO's have been.. not good.

Sure, after x00 hours played I sure hope your skill would improve, but that isn't necessarily the case.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

So the trick to being able to play lots of BGs is to not play a lot of BGs.

GG zos.

"Those that are invested heavily in battlegrounds"

Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    It does not

So, your MMR can only rise? That would be really smart ... a real masterpiece of invention.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does not

So, your MMR can only rise? That would be really smart ... a real masterpiece of invention.

Yes, the MMR system was a fail it doesn't work, it does not represent something skill based, the way it continues to build and then affects the que is troublesome.

However, there is nothing we can do about any of that.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously tho ZOS can't ease up A LITTLE BIT on the MMR penalties??? This is a solo queue:

qyPpZCS.png
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Seriously tho ZOS can't ease up A LITTLE BIT on the MMR penalties??? This is a solo queue:

qyPpZCS.png
    Jesus, that straight up gave me arse cramp
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id say not, i used to play daily last year etc play way less now and still feel it
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP