The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kill 40 players

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
WHAT the hell constitutes a verified kill for this conquest board quest?? I ask, because sometimes I'll get kills when I'm nowhere near the actions - and other times I can duel a player solo and not get the kill count...

I've seen my wife clock up the 40 just standing there doing nothing and watched my own kill count not move as I'm executing everyone in sight.

Can we get a verification answer from a ZoS member to let us know what we need to do... it seems clear, it obviously isn't.
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this occur a great many times, and relogging or reloadui does not work.

Switching to a different campaign and completing it there fixes the bug (as does switching *back* to your home campaign).

The times I've had it bug out, I've been grouped with one other person. I've never had it happen solo.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% of total damage or a killing blow count as one.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% of total damage or a killing blow count as one.

Clearly when I solo duel someone - something isn't working.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've now spent about 3 hours - completed kill 20 players, kill 20 dks, kill 20 nightblades... and racked up a massive 11 kill 40 players.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a large group of hostile players and use scattershot catapults on them; you will finish 40 kills in about 3mins.
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I've now spent about 3 hours - completed kill 20 players, kill 20 dks, kill 20 nightblades... and racked up a massive 11 kill 40 players.

It's a bug that occurs when you pick up the quest. Has existed since kill 40 was implemented. You have to change campaign (or abandon and restart quest) for kills to count.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of my characters can achieve it pretty easily like the normal kill enemy players quest.

Others absolutely can not get them to count unless they are on siege and kill.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get is the kill 40 players V kill 20 players or 20 X class

Cos I can hit all 20 and still only have 5 for the 40 players or I can have it the other way round ...

They don't use the same criteria for counting ... And it's very frustrating