The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hotel WIFI

Johny29_SK
Johny29_SK
✭✭
Hello guys,

I hope taht you can help me with my problem. In my job I travel from monday till friday. I have a big issue with the hotel connectivity. I get connect to WiFi, connection is strong and good quality. I log into the menu, choose my char and that's it ! I am unable to play! I get the message " that i should try it later".

Any ideas what i can do ?

Thanks
Johny
  • SheepdogPaladin
    SheepdogPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    If you are able to successfully access typical internet services such as Web and email through the hotel's wifi connection, then it may be that the hotel is blocking certain things like gaming, bittorrent, or certain ports. It could also be that the hotel's internet wifi sucks for gaming. Is there an ethernet port in your hotel room that you could directly connect to via ethernet cable?

You could try to request IT assistance through the hotel's service desk people, but if the hotel has a policy against certain internet services such as gaming, then you're at the mercy of the hotel's policy and management.

I understand that you are able to log into the game and get to the character select menu, but there may be different ports that the game uses for different aspects, and if the hotel is blocking something, you won't be able to get through.

If everything works 100% normal when you are not at a hotel, such as everything works normal while at home or the office, then there most likely is nothing wrong on your end with your computer. Businesses have the ability to block certain things that they don't want customers to access through the internet, so there is probably not much or nothing we or Zenimax can do.

It's possible that the hotel is blocking nothing and it's just that their internet wifi sucks for gaming. I've seen numerous posts around the Web from people complaining about their experience with gaming using hotel wifi.

I suggest to seek assistance through the hotel's IT department or try another hotel.