The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update Broke HDR

Aronne1979
Aronne1979
Soul Shriven
The new Wolfhunter update broke the HDR support for the game. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's already a thread about it, its broken on PS4 too.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is investigating. I'm sure there will be an update on here soon
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    No. They actually fixed it! For real. I'm so excited!
  • SakuraTokito
    SakuraTokito
    ✭✭✭
    No, the game world looks terrible and washed out. It is not “fixed”. Sepia tone is over everything
    Edited by SakuraTokito on August 29, 2018 1:05AM
  • ecconova
    ecconova
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we could get an update from developers on this issue. This is a big deal to those of us who have invested in Xbox one x and subscribe to ESO. I am patient but would like some mews. This is a deal breaker for me. I have not played since update and would like to enjoy the new content the update brought to the game.
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who says anything is “fixed” is crazy. HDR is gone and the game looks aweful now. Washed out, dull, and ruins my experience as HDR is what brought me back to the game and switched a long time PC player to console.
  • Belthor_Moonblood
    Belthor_Moonblood
    ✭✭✭
    Any update to this @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The change to HDR was intended to aid in some overly-saturated assets found throughout the game but it had some unintended consequences. The thread linked below has information regarding the issues with HDR.

HDR broke on xbox since wolfhunter?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The change to HDR was intended to aid in some overly-saturated assets found throughout the game but it had some unintended consequences.

I thought something had gone wrong with the TV and spent an hour trying to adjust it! Everyone looks like a corpse. It reaaly is unattractive. Plus, my character’s eyes are no longer the correct shade of green, which is a personal disaster. ZOS will be hearing from my lawyer about my therapist’s fees :'(

• bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of other observations -

The broken HDR results in some of the coloured light pillars of flame that appear in the puzzles in some quests changing shade. That really does add to the difficulty. As noted above, greens have suffered most, but yellows are also affected.

There is also much less contrast on the menus when you are checking inventory etc. They aren’t unreadable, but are no longer anywhere near as easy to read.

For what it is worth, I quite liked the oversaturated colours. I know that leaves aren’t that colour in real life, but then I can’t cast spells in real life, either, and rarely kill anyone. Unless they have been untidy, obviously.
    Edited by bee_tiswasnot on September 1, 2018 12:57PM
  • segomo22
    segomo22
    Soul Shriven
    I too liked the saturated colors. It was vibrant and alive. Made good use of my HDR TV. Now it looks faded. I don't even play anymore except to login to get my daily rewards in hope that they'll fix it eventually.

I was hoping today's 12Gb update would have included an HDR fix. Can't ESO just include a toggle for HDR to be on or off so we can decide if we like pretty bright colors or faded neutral colors?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    segomo22 wrote: »
    I too liked the saturated colors. It was vibrant and alive. Made good use of my HDR TV. Now it looks faded. I don't even play anymore except to login to get my daily rewards in hope that they'll fix it eventually.

I was hoping today's 12Gb update would have included an HDR fix. Can't ESO just include a toggle for HDR to be on or off so we can decide if we like pretty bright colors or faded neutral colors?

You might have missed it but HDR is getting fixed in an Oct Patch

So yay i can watch my sorc die in HDR
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • segomo22
    segomo22
    Soul Shriven
    Beardimus wrote: »
    You might have missed it but HDR is getting fixed in an Oct Patch

So yay i can watch my sorc die in HDR

Sorry, yes I did miss that. Where does it say this?

• segomo22
    segomo22
    Soul Shriven
    Nevermind, found it.
    Hi everyone,

We've made the decision to revert the recent changes to HDR while we continue to investigate solutions for the original issue. You can expect to see this in an incremental patch scheduled for early October. Thanks again for all your feedback.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    My children have a theory that Molag Bal is behind the HDR catastrophe, and that the evidence is before our eyes every time we visit Coldharbour.

Normally I pay no attention to their burbling at all, dearly as I love them, but they might have a point here.

Could this be why ZOS have been taking a while to fix the bug? Are the developers even now fighting Molag and his minions in an attempt to get our saturation back? Should the crafters amongst us be sending them food parcels and potions to keep their morale up? Ought we to be despatching tanks and wizards and fighters to keep their backs?

Could it be that everything in Tamriel will go blue before it gets better? Will my kids keep on making fun of their mother’s character because her eyes have changed from green to yellow, thus no longer reflecting the real items? Will the pair of them ever find their ‘lost’ sports bags (I can see them from here, but shush, don’t tell em, because it spoils the fun, and I will uncurl in a minute and solve their dilemma like the goddess that I am).

We need a definitive statemnent on Molag’s involvement from ZOS before this can be progressed. Anything less than an immediate press release will leave me with no alternative but to get up and get those sports bags. It really is that bad.