The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Summerset population second era

crjs1
crjs1
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just watching the latest ESO live stream for the Summerfall event. The developer was explaining the presence of many ruins in Sunmerset being due to dramatic population loss during the Interregnum. He also described the Interregnum as the lowest point in Tamriel civilisation.

While I am aware the second era was a time of upheaval on mainland Tamriel and can imagine population loss. I had never read it also affecting Summerset, which was closed to outsiders during the second age. Has this ever been explained in previous lore? I don’t think I have read anything about the second age being a low point in Altmer / Summerset civilisation.

As an aside I don’t mind the presence of ruins in Summerset and actually feel it suits the Altmer that they would keep the ruins as reminders of thier past rather than necessarily rebuild them. Just not sure of the explanation.

The live stream was interesting in terms of lore.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can sort of see it. Ayrenn has to be pulling her Altmer troops in Cyrodiil from somewhere, and its clearly not just Auridon.
  • Prinseth
    Prinseth
    ✭✭✭
    Thrassian Plague, Maormer and Sload invasions, and the Three Banners War.
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That makes sense totally forgot about the Thrassisn Plauge, and just did the Corgrad quest couple weeks ago!
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    The Planemeld would have affected Summerset as well I believe

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Planemeld

Edited by Eporem on September 22, 2018 12:06AM