The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time to kill in no-CP PvP is FAR too low

lucky_dutch
lucky_dutch
✭✭✭✭
Even in well-rounded (non-glass cannon) builds you can do 25%+ of an opponent’s health in a single class spammable.

Once you add proc sets into the equation, most classes have combos that can 100-0 people faster than the servers can keep up (this is actually an important point, the servers are pretty *** and can add considerable time to your reaction time).

All this added together makes for pretty low-skill PvP combat which honestly can often boil down to who strikes first.

Now you might say “what about when there’s a healer around? Then you have matches where hardly anyone dies!”. This doesn’t disprove my point though, it’s actually a symptom of the same issue: HP pools are too small and DPS & Healing are both too high.

The solution? Buff battle spirit in no-CP PvP. That means larger health pools and weaker damage/healing and the net effect is that HP bars go up and down slightly slower and skill becomes a bigger factor - you will have to consistently out-play your opponent over a short engagement rather than just burst them down in a 2-second combo whilst they’re focused on something else. Healers will also be less broken as they’ll no longer be able to burst heal people to 100 in a single-cast and thus will drain more magicka over a fight.

Because this all has knock-on effects for recovery (it takes more abilities to kill or heal your target meaning you need more recovery in your build), this will further exaggerate the effect. For that reason I would suggest they start out with a small-ish increase of c.20% to battle spirit and re-assess from them.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, change ur build for more defense.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

This is absolutely not about "my build" given I run 3 different classes, one of which is very tanky in CP combat. It's a game mode-wide issue. It goes both ways also, I frequently take of 70%+ of an opponents HP in a two-hit combo.

CP combat is arguably too far the other way but the TTK in no-CP is ridiculous. It's Call Of Duty with auto-aim.
    Edited by lucky_dutch on September 16, 2018 10:34PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is absolutely not about "my build" given I run 3 different classes, some of which are very tanky. It's a game mode-wide issue. It goes both ways also, I frequently take of 70%+ of an opponents HP in a two-hit combo.

CP combat is arguably too far the other way but the TTK in no-CP is ridiculous. It's Call Of Duty with auto-aim.

Sounds like you are fighting people in divines...
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is absolutely not about "my build" given I run 3 different classes, one of which is very tanky in CP combat. It's a game mode-wide issue. It goes both ways also, I frequently take of 70%+ of an opponents HP in a two-hit combo.

I have all classes, stam n mag, BG-worthy; it's not uncommon on some of the builds to end my matches with zero deaths.

So I personally don't have this problem myself unless I'm on a glass cannon build and get sloppy; try adjusting either your build or your choice in active mitigation.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** you talkin bout Willis?

Do we even play in the same game? Everyone’s a tanky healer nowadays. The ones that aren’t just add to someone else’s kill streak.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never take 25% of my health from a single spammable
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Far too low if ur bad
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I havent had this problem in battlegrounds ever unless i get ulti-dumped.

some things to try if you feel your dying super quick-
    run heavy armor or a defensive set like impreg. or brass
    keep buffs up, If your not good at this or want to free up bar space run chiudon
    run a CC to better control opponents
    become a vamp to gain undeath passive
    keep HoT up

also if its a fight you cant win dont be ashamed to run to either escape or gain better positioning.

also line of sight
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    TC is either talking about below-50 Bgs or plays in the bottom MMR bracket to have come tothis conclusion
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will never happen. 90% of Eso pvpers are all about damage. Look how many people complain about blocking and tanky builds, they get so angry when they can't kill someone.
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Really ? Not even from snipe ? Unless someone is running a perma block build or a 70k health tank I don't think that's possible.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    This will never happen. 90% of Eso pvpers are all about damage. Look how many people complain about blocking and tanky builds, they get so angry when they can't kill someone.
    Really ? Not even from snipe ? Unless someone is running a perma block build or a 70k health tank I don't think that's possible.

Snipe usually hits me for ~5k. Which is less than 25% of my health. And you can believe that if you’re using snipe as a spammable you’re dead asap
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snipe usually hits me for ~5k. Which is less than 25% of my health. And you can believe that if you’re using snipe as a spammable you’re dead asap

Nice :) your char must be really tanky. You play cp campaign I guess ? I run a tanky setup in no cp but snipe often hits me anything from 3-12k usually 5-7k avarage

• lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭

A spammable + weaved light attack from most classes can easily hit for 6-8k without any weapon or armor procs. If you have 32k HP in no-CP BGs then you're a tank spec which is a fringe case.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A spammable + weaved light attack from most classes can easily hit for 6-8k without any weapon or armor procs. If you have 32k HP in no-CP BGs then you're a tank spec which is a fringe case.

No, I’ve got a bit over 23k. I don’t take 6-8k from a light attack+spammable though. Probably I build in a way that makes sense for no-CP and understand the way defensive mechanics work there as compared to how they work in CP
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭

Snipe lul.

Who derives enjoyment out of being primarily a snipe spammer. I mean really
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just gotta know what you are doing and adjust your build to nonCP environment, then you dont get chunked for 20% of your hp from one surprise attack. For example Impen doesnt have nearly as much value in nonCP environment as it does in CP. Its more about raw resistances, slightly higher HP pool than in CP enviroment, cost reduction and knowing your class' defensive utility and passives.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lucky_dutch what class are you playing? and stam or mag? maybe we can help you out so your not dying super quick

Edit- you say you play 3 specs. what sets and skills do you run on your favorite/main character?
    Edited by scipionumatia on September 18, 2018 4:43PM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lucky_dutch what class are you playing? and stam or mag? maybe we can help you out so your not dying super quick

Edit- you say you play 3 specs. what sets and skills do you run on your favorite/main character?

@scipionumatia Stamden, Stamblade, Magblade.

I appreciate your offer of help but I'm not saying "help, I die too fast", I'm saying "everyone dies too fast". I delete people in unavoidable combos (fear->bow->impale being a perfect example) just as often as they do the same to me.

Don't like, and have never liked, extremely bursty combat because it devalues skill in favor of crit RNG & gank tactics.

• scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lucky_dutch i do agree the combat time in small scale has gone down when compared to the past (especially no-cp) but unless your stacking really high into damage spec i dont think your going to kill someone with that combo unless they had been fighting someone else and are low on resources. i also agree fear may need to be looked at, not the way the skill works but rather the glitchy-ness of it.
    If you are stacking really high into damage spec i could understand why you think everyone dies too fast cause you would be a glass cannon build, killing quick but getting put down equally as quick. Have you ever tried a brawler type build? Its more rounded, not as high burst but you can survive well. Stamden would be pretty good for it.
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lucky_dutch i do agree the combat time in small scale has gone down when compared to the past (especially no-cp) but unless your stacking really high into damage spec i dont think your going to kill someone with that combo unless they had been fighting someone else and are low on resources. i also agree fear may need to be looked at, not the way the skill works but rather the glitchy-ness of it.
    If you are stacking really high into damage spec i could understand why you think everyone dies too fast cause you would be a glass cannon build, killing quick but getting put down equally as quick. Have you ever tried a brawler type build? Its more rounded, not as high burst but you can survive well. Stamden would be pretty good for it.

True that fear cannot be broken from like 50% of the time but thats a different issue. If you've used a pot, bow can crit for like 9-10k easily. Add a weaved light attack and weapon glyph proc and you'll get a lot of people down to the 25% range in no-CP. Almost every class has a similar combo that can delete people too fast.

If they buffed battle spirit the combat would be so much better.
    Edited by lucky_dutch on September 20, 2018 2:52PM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. Eventually everybody will be running heavy armor and defensive sets in PvP. Either that or everybody will be running stuff like Viper/Sloads/Valkyn.

As someone who comes from WoW, i can relate non cp PvP to low lvl PvP in WoW which nobody takes seriously because u die instantly. Either reduce pvp dmg by a further 20-30%, or bring back CP bgs? Maybe that's just the way ESO PvP is meant to be, but tbh it sucks unless you have a healer.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on September 21, 2018 7:06AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried "learning to play", or "getting good, kid"?

I have found that this advice has helped me tremendously in no cp :)