Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prong Eared Grimalkin - tail has holes in the end

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this and had no idea about the giant void in the tail. I didn't know until like tonight when I was talking about how cute it was, a friend of mine said, "Oh that's the one with the messed up tail?" I was confused, then informed by my friend about the hideous hole in it's tail. I feel so cheated now that I noticed this. This was not a cheap pet. @ZOS_GinaBruno - Will this get fixed? This is pretty disappointing.

Hmm. Insight from Firor in the HDR thread...

"On the development side, we have a strict policy to never change art assets once they have been in the live game, except – and this is important – if they are obviously “wrong”. Think bad animations, shoulder pads clipping through armor, weapons hanging too far off a character model’s hip – that kind of thing. This “no change” policy has been in effect since the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. This was where we updated the visuals of one type of Redguard Female armor and pushed it live without thinking of the consequences of players who liked the way it looked and had been using it for over a year. This caused a lot of – very much merited – criticism from players that liked the older style much better. That’s when we started our “no change” policy. Even if we think an asset needs to updated because it doesn’t fit ESO’s established art style or the artist responsible thinks they could have done better, we no longer change live assets because players are used to the way the game and their characters look, and that is more important than what WE think."

That says that unless the tail is "obviously wrong", chances are they will not fix it. The thing is that there are a lot of costumes, mounts, and pets that we might think are "obviously wrong", but they are obviously never going to fix them due to the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. My feeling is that the leg animations are broken on the cat, and they might come back and fix that, but that the textures are probably not going to get fixed.

Firor also introduced the forum to probably the most frequently used feature of their bug tracking system. The "low priority" setting. :smile:

"we have a backlog of art bugs and issues that we address over time. If these are flagged as low priority, it can take a long time to get to them."

For me, what it says about any costume, mount, or pet in this game is that if it is not to my liking at the time of purchase, for all intents and purposes, it never will be. Bugs and visual problems need to be treated as intended unless there is an immediate response from ZOS to the contrary.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this and had no idea about the giant void in the tail. I didn't know until like tonight when I was talking about how cute it was, a friend of mine said, "Oh that's the one with the messed up tail?" I was confused, then informed by my friend about the hideous hole in it's tail. I feel so cheated now that I noticed this. This was not a cheap pet. @ZOS_GinaBruno - Will this get fixed? This is pretty disappointing.

That says that unless the tail is "obviously wrong", chances are they will not fix it. The thing is that there are a lot of costumes, mounts, and pets that we might think are "obviously wrong", but they are obviously never going to fix them due to the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. My feeling is that the leg animations are broken on the cat, and they might come back and fix that, but that the textures are probably not going to get fixed.

Firor also introduced the forum to probably the most frequently used feature of their bug tracking system. The "low priority" setting. :smile:

"we have a backlog of art bugs and issues that we address over time. If these are flagged as low priority, it can take a long time to get to them."

For me, what it says about any costume, mount, or pet in this game is that if it is not to my liking at the time of purchase, for all intents and purposes, it never will be. Bugs and visual problems need to be treated as intended unless there is an immediate response from ZOS to the contrary.

Hm, you really wouldn't say that the end of the tail missing texture and literally appearing as a hole is an "obviously wrong" bug with the pet's appearance? I certainly would. In fact, I think the tail hole is more "obviously wrong" than the wonky looking legs!

But, yeah, when I read that thread I just felt like he confirmed even more that this pet won't get fixed... ever. I understand why visual/cosmetic bugs are low priority considering all the gameplay issues that need to be addressed, but at the same time ZOS is asking people to spend hard-earned cash on these Crown Store offerings then flagging any issues with them as "low priority" to address in the next, say, three years. That's pretty disappointing.

PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭

Hmm. Insight from Firor in the HDR thread...

"On the development side, we have a strict policy to never change art assets once they have been in the live game, except – and this is important – if they are obviously “wrong”. Think bad animations, shoulder pads clipping through armor, weapons hanging too far off a character model’s hip – that kind of thing. This “no change” policy has been in effect since the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. This was where we updated the visuals of one type of Redguard Female armor and pushed it live without thinking of the consequences of players who liked the way it looked and had been using it for over a year. This caused a lot of – very much merited – criticism from players that liked the older style much better. That’s when we started our “no change” policy. Even if we think an asset needs to updated because it doesn’t fit ESO’s established art style or the artist responsible thinks they could have done better, we no longer change live assets because players are used to the way the game and their characters look, and that is more important than what WE think."

While I do agree with this no change policy unless there is something obviously wrong the object, there is DEFINITELY an obvious flaw in this particular one. In the case mentioned above, they changed the way the item looked. This would be a fix to have the object working as intended, no visual details on the cat would be altered aside from the very obvious flaw. The texture on the tail is completely missing. You can see the actual skeletal mesh from the tail when it moves a certain way. It's just a void that goes throughout the cat entirely. They have updated a few things due to careless development. There was The Shrike's Nocturnal Frock outfit that had missing texture/mesh in the armpits. When the character would raise the arms you would just see the characters skin. Not visible unless certain character animations were happening. They fixed this, as well as some fountains awhile back that were not animating properly. (Not sure of the name off the top of my head) but this is just as much of an eyesore, if not more, than the others. The Nocturnal outfit only had a visual issue some of the time, whereas this cat ALWAYS has a giant hole in the tail and you can see it all the time. Both fixes that I have mentioned happened AFTER the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. There is no reason they shouldn't fix this as well.

Edited by SpookyPickle on September 9, 2018 12:27AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree with this no change policy unless there is something obviously wrong the object, there is DEFINITELY an obvious flaw in this particular one. In the case mentioned above, they changed the way the item looked. This would be a fix to have the object working as intended, no visual details on the cat would be altered aside from the very obvious flaw. The texture on the tail is completely missing. You can see the actual skeletal mesh from the tail when it moves a certain way. It's just a void that goes throughout the cat entirely. They have updated a few things due to careless development. There was The Shrike's Nocturnal Frock outfit that had missing texture/mesh in the armpits. When the character would raise the arms you would just see the characters skin. Not visible unless certain character animations were happening. They fixed this, as well as some fountains awhile back that were not animating properly. (Not sure of the name off the top of my head) but this is just as much of an eyesore, if not more, than the others. The Nocturnal outfit only had a visual issue some of the time, whereas this cat ALWAYS has a giant hole in the tail and you can see it all the time. Both fixes that I have mentioned happened AFTER the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. There is no reason they shouldn't fix this as well.

Well, like I said, we might think it needs to be fixed, they might not. They might think it needs to be fixed, but assign it a low priority such that it won't get fixed until shortly after never. They might think it needs to be fixed, and fix it next patch. However, in that latter case, they usually wander by and make some sort of statement. The more absent ZOS is on the subject, the less likely that they are interested in fixing it.

I guess I am just saying: Don't get your hopes up.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror Can we pretty please get some acknowledgement here? Is this issue known to you? Will it be flagged as something to fix or is this an "as is" purchase for 1,000 Crowns?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I just realized that this was included in the Wolfhunter patch notes:
    • Fixed a small hole in the paw of some Senche pets and mounts.

So, it seems holes in pets IS a bug that has been fixed in the past rather than an artistic choice subject to the "no changes" rule. Fingers crossed....
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just realized that this was included in the Wolfhunter patch notes:
    • Fixed a small hole in the paw of some Senche pets and mounts.

So, it seems holes in pets IS a bug that has been fixed in the past rather than an artistic choice subject to the "no changes" rule. Fingers crossed....

Hopefully they will do something about this relatively soon. Or at the very least acknowledge the issue.
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they fix it. I really wanted to get this cat, but I’m not going to buy it if it’s bugged.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they fix it. I really wanted to get this cat, but I’m not going to buy it if it’s bugged.

This pet has been on sale in the store for two weeks now with no response...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they're fix this hole asap. I absolutely love this kitty and bought it for my main. Did anyone from ZOS even acknowledge the issue?
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they're fix this hole asap. I absolutely love this kitty and bought it for my main. Did anyone from ZOS even acknowledge the issue?

So far nothing that I've seen. It's really really disappointing. I really wish there was some sort of acknowledgement.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that it is intentional so they can 'fluff' the edges to make t look fluffier. Not the way I'd do it if I was making the model, though.

Still bought it anyway as it's the spit of one of my own Ragdoll cats. (except the 4 ears!)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are at three weeks now of this defective item in the Crown Store with zero response from ZOS!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are at three weeks now of this defective item in the Crown Store with zero response from ZOS!

At the risk of pointing out the obvious... that is a response from ZOS. They do not tend to respond when all they have to say is "it is what it is". If it becomes something other than that, then they will let us know.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It's been a month now on this pet in the store... just reaching out again to see if anyone is at least aware and can let us know it has been identified as an issue...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It's been a month now on this pet in the store... just reaching out again to see if anyone is at least aware and can let us know it has been identified as an issue...

Still nothing... :|
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump, but did this kitty ever get fixed? Friend wanted to get it but I told her to wait until it's sewn back up
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wraith66 Nope, it has not been fixed. It has been in the store for over a month now and the obvious flaw hasn’t even been acknowledged by ZOS :disappointed: So it seems safe to assume that it will never be fixed or commented on at this point. Truly a shame.
    Edited by weedgenius on October 4, 2018 4:43PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not broken. It's just poorly made. But there have been so many crown store items like that which have never been fixed.

Have they fixed the Nocturnal frock with the holes under the arms? (apparently they did, my bad!)

Have they fixed the Dragon Priest (Zaan) costume with the shifted color channels?

Have they fixed the Elven Hero armor hood? My characters' foreheads poke right out of it. How come nobody ever saw that?

I'm pretty sure there are other 'broken' CS items and I'm pretty sure the answer to all those questions is no. That tail does look bad. But it's not going to be fixed. Shame. I had my eyes on this kitty too.
    Edited by Shawn_PT on October 8, 2018 5:41AM