The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is this even possible?

Mikeash609
I jumped in to pvp for the first time with a new character today. Prior to that I went on my crafter and made some poisons. I ended up making a damage health poison IV for my lvl 34 character. 1266 poison damage per second over 5 seconds and increase the targets stamina abilities by 30% for 6.4 seconds. I have no idea what reagents I used but I've been playing around trying to recreate it and I can't even get close to these numbers. The highest I'm getting is 210 poison damage over 4. Something seconds. The only way I can get the numbers I had previous is by using alkahest(cp150). The problem with that is that obviously my lvl 34 character couldn't equip them so I couldnt of used alkahest and must of used gall (lvl 30) or lower. Does anyone have any idea what I've done? This isn't making any sense to me! I've even tried crafting 150cp poisons and tried to equip on my lvl 34 character but obviously it doesn't work.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a matter of scaling. If you make the poison and take it back into PvP the numbers might jump back up since all items should scale up to cp 160.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Poisons and potions scale. The 210 damage you are seeing on your high level (cp160 probably) character that you use to make the poisons. A cp 160 using a level 34 poison gets a thoroughly scaled down effect. If you transfer that same poison to your level 34 character and look on the tool tip there, it will say 1266 damage.

The duration for poisons depends on the combination of reagents, using 3 reagents with the same effect gives a longer duration than using 2 reagents with the same effect.
  • Mikeash609
    Yep. You've got it. Made some level 30 poisons with my cp240 crafter tool tip says 210 damage. Gave them to my new character and it still says 210. Then I took a trip to cyrodiil and then they had 1266 damage. Thanks.