Where are the children?

Sailor_Palutena
Sailor_Palutena
✭✭✭✭
After spending 400 hours doing many quests, I've faced a handful of quests based on parents looking for their sons and daughters, most of them calling them as boys or girls, but when you get to know them, they are fully growth men or women. Why is that?

Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim all have children. It wouldn't be necessary to make them interactive (for damage purposes) make them invincible like in the other games. I just find it very immersion breaking when a female NPC asks help to find "her boy" and when you get to the quest mark its a dude with beard and mustache.
- My mother asked you to come for me, right?
- No... I was actually hoping to find... a kid... perhaps?

I'm refering to a quest in Stormhaven, Koeglin village if you have interest. But that's not the only case. I am doing Caldwel's Gold and have encountered many mothers and fathers looking for their missing sons and daughters just to find out they aren't children at all. They simply doesn't exist! Why?

Best Answers

• Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has all the kittens yes …

As for your human little ones. Maybe they hide because their fur has not grown yet?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

44562348022_f827e46683_z.jpg
    Home is where the kittens are

OoooOooooohm <333333
    Answer ✓
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Children are protected by Arkay's Grace, which is bestowed upon them at birth, to protect the souls of these innocents until they are old enough to exercise their own volition.

Arkay clearly thinks that children need to be protected from the Vestige (and is it any wonder the way players carry on). The Vestige can’t see the children and they cannot see the Vestige.
    PC EU
    Answer ✓
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the Search Bar, upper right corner of your screen.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for your human little ones. Maybe they hide because their fur has not grown yet?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hated seeing children NPC's in skyrim.
    i hope we never see them in eso.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hated seeing children NPC's in skyrim.
    i hope we never see them in eso.

Would it hurt to have them as pets though? Or little NPCs that can be confined to a home or orphan containment unit?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all on a school trip to Sheogorad, that's why it's inaccessible
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Due the the advent of magical respawning, further reproduction would cause insane overpopulation issues.

Thus, all player characters and NPCs have been magically sterilized. Children are in just enough numbers to replace plot-dead characters (who can't respawn).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've heard that the Wood Elves are cannibals, right?
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a world of magic and pocket dimensions, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all being taken care of, in some other dimension. Possibly so they don't have to suffer the tragedies of war. Well.....except my peoples unhatched children -.=.-

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This is awesome, nice pic!

• StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You met so many werewolves and vampires. I guess they are well fed. On children.
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As silly as the answers have been thus far, let me depress everyone now. If you look in peoples houses, you see cribs and cradles. If you search their belongings and pick their pockets, you find children's toys and dolls. Lots of houses seem to have an extra bed for someone who isnt there.

The evidence points to there being children at one time, fairly recently, but no longer. I think two things happened. First, the Knhatten Flu (which is still active) depopulated most of the cities. And who is hit hardest by pandemics? Children and elders. The flu killed off nearly a whole generation of children. And it was so traumatizing, no one talks about it. No one acknowledges it. No one wants to THINK about it. Some parents cant move on. They keep their baby's crib and toys and room just like it was. Some got lucky, and their kid was old enough to survive, but seeing everyone elses children die broke them just the same, and now they baby their adult children, like we see in koeglin village.

The second factor, is the Soulburst. It *** everything up, and broke the Dreamsleeve reincarnation cycle. With Molag Bal and the other Daedra snatching up all the souls, and the tremendous boom in necromantic and ghostly activity, no new souls are being introduced to the cycle. That means no new children, or if there are new babies, they ard born soulless, but that is getting too close to the plot for Pillars of Eternity.

Thats the real reason you dont see any children, but you see evidence of their presence. Thats why so many people are willing to join daedric cults, and why no one is really as phased by enormous black anchors dropping out of the sky and disgorging waves of daedra.

Everyone's children died, and no new ones are being born, and everyone on some level knows a world in constant peril, without children, has no future. Hope is gone, and all they have is right now. Everyone, everywhere collectively decided to just not talk about it. Whats to talk about? Everyone lost someone.

Well, except the Argonians. They will be fine. Suspicious, no?

Of course, the Soulburst will end, and everything will be set to right and I imagine there will be a massive influx of fresh souls leading to a tremendous baby boom.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, the Soulburst will end, and everything will be set to right and I imagine there will be a massive influx of fresh souls leading to a tremendous baby boom.

You are saying yes that my kittens they have no souls?

Well Khajiit always suspected that of baby Raz perhaps … Maybe even baby M'Iaiq?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, obviously. Everyone knows every khajiit cub is born soulless until they steal their first shiny. Rajhin goes around, plucking tiny newborn souls from the Dreamsleeve, and hiding them in the world where their respective Khajiiti cubs will find them. These soulless little cubs are naturally drawn to these trinkets, be they shiny pebbles, interesting bits of string, tasty sweets or spare change, and snatch up the one that contains their soul. From that moment on, they are complete!

Some even say Rajhin blesses other knicknacks out in the world for Khajiit to find and collect, thereby growing their soul and gaining his blessing!

Or at least they would if I didnt make all this up. I should write lore.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope is gone, and all they have is right now. Everyone, everywhere collectively decided to just not talk about it. Whats to talk about? Everyone lost someone.
    Well, except the Argonians. They will be fine. Suspicious, no?
    Argonians keep laying eggs, but they never, ever hatch. :'(
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe all of our game characters are actually kids just pretending to be adults out to save the world?
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 29, 2018 4:44AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    The reason there are no children is that they are really good at hide and seek...
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Quiet_One
    Quiet_One
    ✭✭
    I think it would be cool to see at least a few, just as non-killable NPCs of course, running around and playing. Maybe even one or two with a silly or simple quest to give?
    We have cats and dogs in villages and cities, a few kids won't hurt but would make for a nicer atmosphere.
    PC-EU