The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New eso plus rewards/benefits

LordLomax
LordLomax
✭✭✭✭
What does everyone think of the new benefits/rewards ?
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/54825
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect a lot of complainers. I think it's great and a nice incentive. For ESO+, while I understand if some people might be against the idea, the positives keep outweighing the negative.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be nice if the people at zenimax could calculate how much people spent and give them the loyalty rewards (for example, 6 months total of eso plus you get a pet) and give the person what they would receiver, obviously not the extra crowns but i don't feel like spending another like £30 to get a pet.

However i like that they are awarding the players who support the game through ESO+
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect a lot of complainers. I think it's great and a nice incentive. For ESO+, while I understand if some people might be against the idea, the positives keep outweighing the negative.
    A lot of players won't be happy about it but for a different reason. I only play male characters(I'm not the only one) so what am I supposed to do with that priestess costume? They need to stop with the gender specific stuff(I'm not talking about the gender specific stuff you willingly buy from the crown store). This definitely doesn't make me wanna resub.
    Edited by Leogon on September 17, 2018 8:50PM
  • Daxxie
    Daxxie
    Soul Shriven
    Not terribly impressed with the new ESO Plus rewards. Would have been infinitely more impressed if we'd been given more slots for housing decorating.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I think is a nice addition to the ESO plus benefits. I'm looking forward to seeing what each month brings.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean.. it's more stuff, so that's awesome for those who like the things they give out. That said, it's not as awesome as they are trying to market it to be.

150 crowns is a little more than a fourth of the cost of one hairstyle (the cheapest item in the store), so it's negligible.

A free item is a free item sure, but if it's something I don't like the value is nothing, so that one is hit or miss.

Discounts? Those would be great if they didn't keep upping the cost of things in the store.

Basically, none of these things will convince me to renew my sub. They simply don't outweigh the questionable gameplay choices being made.

I'm super happy for people who are into this tho! Don't let me rain on your parade.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does it not surprise me that most of the new benefits are based around the store, rather than useful in game benefits. . Greed in full force..
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has potential to be a good system, but it really depends on what the free and discounted items are. Which of course means it comes down to personal taste - some people I suspect will get very little benefit from this system, others will absolutely love it and some will like some items and not others.

Which raises the question - what happens if someone subscribes after an item becomes available? Can they still get it? Say for example an exclusive item is in the crown store for 1 week and someone heard about it and decides to subscribe on the 2nd day. Would they be able to get it or will they be locked out and have to wait for the next one?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Newpoint
    Newpoint
    ✭✭
    Pretty much garbage.

You get a free item "on rare occasions" and for "a very limited time" (why?). This current one is female based so of no use to me and plenty others.

150 extra crowns is laughable.

Then the big thing....discounts! (on certain items mind you) So basically the only benefit of continually spending money on this game, is getting to spend more money just a little bit less.

As someone said all the "benefits" are tied to the store and spending more money.

If this is for you, then I'm super happy for you and glad you got something you enjoy.

Who knows as it is advertised right now I think its garbage and shows the greed coming out of ZOS. Guess we'll see.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know what i want? eso plus storage chests
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ should not be about what you get for free. It should be about supporting the game that you all say you love.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't raise the price of ESO Plus and give some additional things (granted the 150 crowns will be pretty much just inflation adjustment). Can't say that's bad, but I really would have liked to hear which items are most likely to be for free.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    A lot of players won't be happy about it but for a different reason. I only play male characters(I'm not the only one) so what am I supposed to do with that priestess costume? They need to stop with the gender specific stuff(I'm not talking about the gender specific stuff you willingly buy from the crown store).

I feel exactly the same way.