Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Racial Motif Question

MaxBat
MaxBat
✭✭✭
I'm wondering if the racial motif for armor is effected by the class of the person using the motif.

The motif allows the user to construct armor in heavy, medium and light versions for that race. But is the armor created specific to the class of the person making it - so a Templar with an Orcish motif would make different armor than a Nightblade.

If so, then you would need four characters, each with a complete set of books, to have access to all the motif armors, right?
"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • hamletsbatb14_ESO
    hamletsbatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, the look of the armor is based solely on the knowledge of the motifs and the armor type (heavy, med, light); since classes can wear any type of armor they base it on that.

And in truth there are other motifs you can learn as well: daedric, ancient elf, barbaric, and I think one other.

So one character, if they find all the books, can have access to all the armor styles.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I think I understand. So an Imperial jack is the same, no matter what the class of the person making it, but it may look different based upon the class of the person wearing it.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right. So far the only difference I've found in armor is that templars have a gold colored tint to their armor (at least to their heavy armor) while dragonknight heavy armor is the typical black that it is for any other class.

Really seems like templars are the only exception to the armor appearance thing, and only when it comes to heavy armor - my templar's medium armor looks the same as it does on my nightblade.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on April 5, 2014 8:05AM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank