Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crafting station become unusable after exiting the house

Cruggs
Cruggs
✭✭✭✭✭
The thread involved is unfortunately under the housing category:
why-does-this-crafting-station-become-unusable-after-exiting-the-house

There is a bug with crafting tables when you put them on wooden floors.
Hey! Wo ist mein Schwein? Wer hat mein Schwein?
Man weiß nie, was passiert, wenn man es nicht ausprobiert...
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know, it’s an extremely annoying bug. One of my trade guilds has a house with most of the attunable crafting stations. Sometimes you can work arround the bug by traveling to your own home and then back again, but not always. For example, the crafting stations on the lower floor might start working, but all those in the upper floor are still broken. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you please look into this for us?
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    There is multiple threads and many guild halls with the bug still to this day. Including my own guild house. Changing homes fixed it for about 2 weeks and has been an issue again ever since for me and all my visitors. I can only do the temporary fix of moving any 1 item to have everything, sometimes hundreds of stations become interactable again for everyone. It is a really bad bug

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399424/housing-crafting-stations-become-unusable#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415832/princely-dawnlight-palace-placement-issue#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373274/bugged-crafting-stations-and-assistants-in-homes#latest
    and many more threads out there
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I moved to the Cold Harbor home. No placed flooring = no load order issues. I think a fix could just be making everything labeled as "Service" load only after everything else has loaded, so the game knows it's on solid footing instead of thinking the item is floating and unusable.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Runs
    Sounds like a very good hint for the developers.
    I agree ;)
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is this ever going to be fixed or is this another one of many bugs in this game that will never be addressed?
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beg your pardon, but I would like to "push" this thread again.
    OK, you can play the game, but a lot of crafters and guildhome-owners are waiting for a solution.

@ZOS_GinaBruno:
    Maybe you can give a comment here?
    I would feel better when this thread gets a "Z" in its headline.
    Then there would be no more impression than if the topic was hushed up.

I ask for leniency for my "push".
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is still very much active and there is still nothing about a fix in the latest PTS patch notes :'(
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its an annoying bug, i agree.

i guess it's really time for having a timeout on releasing new content and give devs some time to fix all the little things, which are just little things, but i have the feeling, the sum of all of them is getting too high a.t.m.

-there are books you cant read (some from years ago). if 1 gets fixed, 3 others gets bugged
    -broken bosses which resets or dont appear (even in raids, 2nd boss of hel ra never come back after a wipe...)
    -interactible items in houses on crafted floors unavailable

And these are not issues like someone gets sometimes a dc, which can be related to several things.
    These can all be imitated, everytime. And i think most of the players will be fine with skipping the next dlc and fixing some bugs instead.
    Dont keep running on high speed, when you stumple every 5 meters. Even crown store items needs bugfixing lately. Its not a shame to make a stop and correct old things.
    Edited by tim99 on July 11, 2018 9:22AM
  • Sorcery
    Sorcery
    ✭✭✭
    Really would like to see this bug fixed, i just placed over 150 stations on a platform, none are working. Would be nice to see a fix o/
  • mpegraham
    mpegraham
    Soul Shriven
    Another request to fix this bug! My guild moved to a new house, and the tables are now on a platform, not the floor.

My husband and I both play, he can access all tables, he has an xbox one x. I can only access the jewelry tables, all other tables won't work - I have an xbox one. If I log into my account on his xbox one x, all tables work. If he logs into his account on my plain xobx one (not the s or x) he cannot access the crafting tables, again, only jewelry works.

So, it's not account related, we've proven that, and I have tried waiting 4 minutes (with a stopwatch) to let the house load, but the tables still don't work for me when I am on my xbox.

I belong to a crafting guild specifically to use the crafting tables, and now cannot. I don't think I should have to buy a whole new xbox to make this work, how about we get the bug fixed instead? Appears to be a processing issue, since the hardware matters?

• mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    As a home owner of all stations that is open to my guild. It has been brutal ever since i got struck with the bug just after Summerset. I had to make a new house after the one i had worked fine for about 12 months. Spent a good mil on Culander lacquer for furnishings. used my Grand Topal Hideaway. Then bamm. 2 weeks later. bug struck again. im now at the coldharbour house coz no other place fits all the stations on the natural ground. or at least not being at all straight. i literally have nothing at the house other then all stations, assistants and dummies. Not a single cosmetic thing at all. Worst looking house ever. Well over 100 hours wasted since Summerset on housing to end up with the worst looking house. Previously at my first house. All stations that showed no interaction were the same for all other visitors until i fully logged out of my account. I could make a temporary fix when logging on and would stay working for all while i played. even alting kept all stations working for all. the 2nd house being the island, was different stations for each person. that house i had to arrive to the place to move any 1 item to have all working when people arrived to the house. Even if i had just fixed them for some one else or myself. My assistants and Jewelry stations have very rarely had an issue. Almost never. My DPS dummies and all skills worked fine as my platforms were touching the ground. I did everything i could possibly think of to try fix the bug
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    I have had the same problem and have shifted all of my stations 4 times now. I have them all in the coldharbour house.

You can get it looking less like a vacant lot wit a few stations put in here is a couple of screen shots

Screenshot_20180721_195629.png

Screenshot_20180721_201551_1.png

Screenshot_20180721_201601.png

There is still over 200 spots left if you have the time you can get this house to look all-right
    PC/NA
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    That is really well done with what you did to that with the place. I am torn in making something similar. The best i can do with that place. Or continue working on my island in the losing hope i have of this bug ever being fixed.

Currently that is what i am still wanting to do. My entire guild wants to use the island again as well. I have bought homes specifically to use as guild halls. All seem a total regret and waste lately. The previous homes i had were great when the bug was not present. To have the stations working again is such a relief now that i am glad i don't have to fix this bug all day and night, every day for months. I am glad to finally be able to do something else since Summerset. Guild members are also glad that they know stations will now work after months every time they arrive there. To get no knowledge if this bug will or wont be fixed is causing this issue to be even worse than it already is. I'm also a bit scared to do much more as I've seen this bug happen at the Coldharbour Cavern and Princely Dawnlight palace first hand, with both homes having stations on the natural flooring. The Coldharbour Cavern was over a year a go and the Palace is since Summerset and still like it. The cavern worked fine. It has also definitely been the single reason i have not bought a few more crown packs to buy more homes. if this bug was not around. I most certainly would have as i did in the past. If this bug gets fixed. I most certainly will get back to housing properly again
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I would like to "push" this thread again.

It would be a surprising revelation if at least we were told: yes, you are right, there is a bug.
    And he's on our ToDo list at position xxx.

I ask for leniency for my "push" again.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Is this bug still on going as i am wanting to move my stations back to my Grand Topal Hideaway again?
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fear so, yes.
    We've done a couple of tests recently, but ultimately the result was unsatisfactory.
    Unfortunately.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett
    As this is system bug I was hoping this is something with which you might have influence.
    I know it would be really appreciated by the housing and crafting community if somebody from ZOS would acknowledge this bug and advise if it is being looked at.
    At the moment, the impression is that it is being ignored and for a game system that represents so much RL money invested by so many players, this can be frustrating.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree @ZOS_RobGarrett, this bug has been going on for far too long. Could you please investigate and at least acknowledge this bug?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. Just confirming we are aware and are investigating a fix for this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. Just confirming we are aware and are investigating a fix for this.

Thanks Gina.
    This is great to hear.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finaly! Thank you Gina! :)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay, thanks Gina! :)
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That are very good news!
    Better late, then never...

Thank you for your post, Gina.
    And greetings from Germany.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mpegraham wrote: »
    Another request to fix this bug! My guild moved to a new house, and the tables are now on a platform, not the floor.

My husband and I both play, he can access all tables, he has an xbox one x. I can only access the jewelry tables, all other tables won't work - I have an xbox one. If I log into my account on his xbox one x, all tables work. If he logs into his account on my plain xobx one (not the s or x) he cannot access the crafting tables, again, only jewelry works.

So, it's not account related, we've proven that, and I have tried waiting 4 minutes (with a stopwatch) to let the house load, but the tables still don't work for me when I am on my xbox.

I belong to a crafting guild specifically to use the crafting tables, and now cannot. I don't think I should have to buy a whole new xbox to make this work, how about we get the bug fixed instead? Appears to be a processing issue, since the hardware matters?

I've had this happen on an XB One X, too, unfortunately. One of my guilds used Linchal for a long time, and all stations were placed in the courtyard area. It wasn't well organized, though, so I didn't use it until shortly after Summerset, when the stations at the 2 guilds I did use, that had halls at Hakkvild's, stopped working - except for the JC stations and the assistants. Some of the basic stations (enchanting, alchemy) also didn't work. These stations were where they were before SS, on the wooden flooring surrounding the hall. This flooring is not player-built. It is, however, a distance away from the entrance.

So, I started using Linchal, which worked just fine, but then the guild moved to the Grotto. All stations are now on player-built flooring - the Alinor ballroom floor. Stairs lead up to this platform, so it isn't on the ground. First time I entered, the JC stations worked and a handful of the others. This is on my XB One X. A fellow guild member suggested porting out, waiting a few minutes, then porting back in and waiting several more minutes. I did this, and they all worked. However, on 2 subsequent occasions, only the JC stations worked and a handful of others, so I ended up having to travel around Tamriel to complete my MWs.

Just recently, however, I tried the hall again, waiting several minutes after porting in. To my surprise and delight, all stations were working.

To clarify, on the occasions when most of the stations weren't working, ALL the JC ones were, as well as the assistants, and most of the basic stations. However, none of the mundus stones were working.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 7, 2018 4:51PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done some testing on the pts, and the issue does seem to be fixed on my end. I've placed crafting stations ontop of floating Alinor ballroom floors, and each time i exit and re-enter i can use all the stations just fine! I didn't see any mention of this in the patch notes, so maybe it was something that was left out of the notes? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 18, 2018 11:09AM
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias
    Sounds good...
    I do not think that I will test it on the PTS, but I WILL(!) do that when this release comes to the usual servers.
    Thank you for your comment - and I hope you are right ;-)

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so too :) Like i said, every single crafting station i placed down was still functional each time i entered my home again. The only issue i ran into were the mundus stones i placed down on the floating Alinor floors, they still seem to be effected by the bug
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 19, 2018 7:42AM
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is the case. I have 100 master writs waiting for this because I refuse to travel around to do them when I am in a guild who worked very hard to get every attunable crafting station... only to have them never work.
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Inarre
    Tht's the point.
    I keep my fingers crossed that the bug is either already fixed or will be very soon.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    I hope this is the case. I have 100 master writs waiting for this because I refuse to travel around to do them when I am in a guild who worked very hard to get every attunable crafting station... only to have them never work.

If you play on PC/NA, get the addon Port To Friend's House. We don't actually need to be friends to use, just need @name and house. @RunsWithBullcrit is my @name, and my primary is Coldharbour Surreal Estate I don't have it limited so anyone can go.

The sets are in alphabetical order, with one caveat Seducer is put in with the A's for Armor of the Seducer to make it fall in line with Writ Worthy's sort alphabetical. I just moved everything around so that when Murkmire comes out I can put the 3 sets right where they go. Pretty sure everything is placed good, sometimes the blacksmith stations gives me issue in that home but I think I have them all set right.

I know it's not the same as the guild home you worked to build, but it's a one stop shop for doing writs in the meantime if wanted.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs