The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Furnishing Recipes: How many do you have by now ?

Oliviander
Oliviander
✭✭✭✭
I was just wondering if there are other furnishing recipe collectors active :p

Acording to the Craftstore Addon there are 1659 Recipes to collect
330 Diagrams
290 Patterns
207 Parxises
75 Formulae
230 Designs
510 Blueprints
17 Sketches

As I just passed the mark of having 2 Thirds of them ( exactly 1109 ) im interested in how far
other collectors succeeded by now ?

BTW I have all Provisioning Recipes collected

Edited by Oliviander on September 14, 2018 9:16PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oliviander

There are 277 beverage recipes to be collected, including 127 Standard recipes, 113 Difficult recipes, 33 Complex recipes, and 4 Gourmet recipes.

There are 277 food recipes to be collected, including 130 Standard recipes, 115 Difficult recipes, 31 Complex recipes, and 1 Legendary recipe.

In addition to the above, there are:
    18 'special' food recipes;
    13 'special' drink recipes; and
    3 ambrosia recipes

.... so when you said you have all the provisioning recipes, are you saying you have collected all 588 provisioning recipes?
    Edited by Maryal on September 9, 2018 12:29PM
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    @Oliviander

.... so when you said you have all the provisioning recipes, are you saying you have collected all 588 provisioning recipes

Sorry according to my info there are only 564 recipes (as showed in the craftstore addon):

265 drinks 265 food and the 34 special recipes
    (actually the uesp netwiki counts 277 but lists only 265 )

yes I have all 564 recipes on my main B)
    and 554 - only 10 of the special recipes missing - on my cook
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For furnishings, I know 1276/1649 --my crafstore is only showing 320 Diagrams. I guess I need to go buy some!

Since it was included in OP, I know all provisioning as well, aside from the Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia.

ETA: I bought six furnishing patterns :)
    Edited by NolaArch on September 9, 2018 7:52PM
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm missing a large chunk of provisioning recipes still

my furniture recipes are at 1441 at the moment and I doubt I'll max them out ever. I'm missing most of the training dummies (didn't bother) like 90% of the Ayelid and clockwork recipes a ice chunk of dwemmer and a few vvardenfel and alinor. for the most part I have almost all the recipes I actualy wanted to be able to craft with a few alinor and telvani recipes still missing, but I'm content to go slow in collecting them at this point.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oliviander

There are 277 beverage recipes to be collected, including 127 Standard recipes, 113 Difficult recipes, 33 Complex recipes, and 4 Gourmet recipes.

There are 277 food recipes to be collected, including 130 Standard recipes, 115 Difficult recipes, 31 Complex recipes, and 1 Legendary recipe.

3 ambrosia recipes

.... so when you said you have all the provisioning recipes, are you saying you have collected all 588 provisioning recipes?

Tracking of this should be base game info.

Like lore books.

My days of recipe collecting are behind me now but i know how frustrating it was and how many care!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Like lore books.

My days of recipe collecting are behind me now but i know how frustrating it was and how many care!

Agreed! I'm on XB, so no add-on to help me track these or know instantly how many I have. I use antiquated spreadsheets. :p

I can tell you that I know all provisioning recipes save the two aetherial ambrosia recipes - I have no interest in tracking down the necessary components to learn the one or waste WVs to learn the other.

As for housing plans, I know only 3 CWC ones and maybe 6 Dwarven ones. I don't know any Ayleid and only 1 of the "new" Daedric plans (I know, of course, all of the original ones). I have all but 2 MW plans and all but 11 SS plans. My knowledge of the Homestead plans is probably 80% (lots of Argonian and Orc plans that I don't care about and many Redguard plans that people charge upwards of 600K for).
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    plenty, and I buy whichever ones I want that I don't have.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Suddenly I feel like a slacker. I have about 750 of the furnishing and most of the provisioning, but not all. I also have 41 complete motifs with another 4 within 3 chapters of completing.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    225 Diagrams
    201 Patterns
    115 Praxis
    46 Formulae
    176 Designs
    382 Blueprints
    4 Sketches
    ===
    1149 Total

I tend to focus on the somewhat harder to get ones so I have an above average number of plans from Vvardenfell, CWC and Dwemer plans. Probably a below average number of Orc plans cause dang, that stuff is ugly, I'm saving those for very last.

All Motifs except crown store exclusives and the newest few (Fang Lair, Scalecaller, Welkynar, Dremora)

Never really bothered with recipes as there are so many variants of the same that it's not really interesting. I think I have at least 1 of each type for each level range as well as the ones with unique (combinations of) effects and that's enough for me.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are achievements for learning furnishing plans - one each for the skill lines, but I don't recall if they keep track once you've passed the top level. However, unless you have, there's a count there for the console users, to tell you your progress.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @Oliviander

3 ambrosia recipes

Like lore books.

It's my understanding that a few very old recipes were 'retired' ( you can't get them anymore, but if you had learned them you can still used them). This is my understanding anyway, I haven't verified the information myself.

And YES! We should be able to track all the recipes we've learned just like lore books.
    Edited by Maryal on September 19, 2018 5:04PM
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having read all the furnishing plans myself, i can say it is definitely possible to complete. Took me a long time and a lot of gold, but it is finally finished. I can say with certainty, that the following numbers are accurate for the plans that CAN be learned in the game:

Furnsishing Plans:
    Category - Currently Available (after Murkmire)

Blueprints - 486 (509)
    Designs - 201 (215)
    Diagrams - 314 (315)
    Formulas - 71 (77)
    Patterns - 288 (294)
    Praxis - 203 (228)
    Sketches - 18 (18)
    Total = 1581 (1656)

Recipes:

Food - 265
    Drink - 265
    Specialty - 34
    Total = 564

Edited by Blacknight841 on September 22, 2018 11:36PM
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having read all the furnishing plans myself, i can say it is definitely possible to complete. Took me a long time and a lot of gold, but it is finally finished.

Congrats for that achievement B)
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning, I am missing 3-4 purple drink recipes and the aetherial ambrosia. When I'm bored, I go hunt for a purple I'm missing. Sort of like fishing or trophy achievements... when I'm waiting on someone and killing 15-20 minutes.

Furnishing, I have not really made an effort to collect them all, seems like so many. I sometimes search in TTC, and the ones I still need are in the 25-30k range, so I just stop. I don't care about them that much, lol.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to get out of here before my OCD kicks in and I start randomly buying all the recipes I am missing. Just the thought how much gold I have already spent on the diagrams is appalling.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on September 28, 2018 9:39AM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NoTimeToWait what server?

*In sly Khajiit voice, "I have got everything you need."

But seriously... when I decided to learn every food/drink recipe in the game... I went through hundreds of thousands of gold in mere hours. Hopefully I don't ever get possessed by that urge for furnishing plans.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently I need to up my furnishing game. According to ESO DB, I have 209. What is your favourite spot for farming them?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do u farm furnishing plans and sketches.
    Asking for a friends cousin's brother.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    @NoTimeToWait what server?

*In sly Khajiit voice, "I have got everything you need."

But seriously... when I decided to learn every food/drink recipe in the game... I went through hundreds of thousands of gold in mere hours. Hopefully I don't ever get possessed by that urge for furnishing plans.

I know khajiit who spent too much time talking to mer when I see one. You won't fool me. You have lost that khajiit seductiveness of talking in third person. And even if you could, I am still far far away on PC EU ;P
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All Food/Drink/Delicacies known, yes all.
    All Motiffs known

1315 total furnishing recipes learned... Proving to be much more difficult than the above accomplishments.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how many you know. The piece you simply must have in your house will always be a crown-store exclusive.

Like books on your shelves. You can make a few types of shelves with books in-place, but not the rows of books themselves, and many styles have no filled shelves at all.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many you know. The piece you simply must have in your house will always be a crown-store exclusive.

Like books on your shelves. You can make a few types of shelves with books in-place, but not the rows of books themselves, and many styles have no filled shelves at all.

Don't know what you are talking about. Decorated 600 slot house, and only 20 of those are bought with crowns. True, bookstack and pergola are among them, but you exaggerate too much
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough, that's how many... Never enough.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

That may be harder to do than collecting them all...

I find them everywhere
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0. I rarely ever find them and when I do I sell them
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my understanding that a few very old recipes were 'retired' ( you can't get them anymore, but if you had learned them you can still used them). This is my understanding anyway, I haven't verified the information myself.

And YES! We should be able to track all the recipes we've learned just like lore books.

I don't believe that's true. I've been around since PC early access and don't recall any retired recipes. Now, maybe there were recipes in Beta that didn't make it to live, but everyone who was in Beta started from scratch at launch, so no carryover there, as far as I know.

However, they did do a complete overhaul of the provisioning system a couple of years ago. All in-game recipes were renamed, with a new ingredient system. Our knowledge transferred over, so that if we knew the recipe for Grilled Worms, it transferred over to whatever recipe took it's place in the new system. A few new purple recipes were added starting at level 20, which is why there is only one purple recipe for level 20-30. So, in that sense, a lot of old recipes were retired, with new ones taking their place, but there isn't anything, as far as I know, that a PC launch player can craft that newer players can't.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I knew lots of plans already.. but it's 'only' 905 according to furniture catalogue
    PC-EU @lientier