Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A couple of quick questions regarding vanity pets

Sue_D_Nim
Sue_D_Nim
✭✭✭
1. My pet keeps jumping back into my inventory when I'm just walking around. Usually, if he's stuck he'll just magically show up when he gets unstuck. Not a problem, just something I'm curious about.

2. Can you destroy a vanity pet? There's a "destroy" option for it like there is for normal items. I get very clumsy sometimes and, well, I don't want to kill my pet.
"If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
"Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I've seen that too. Probably just a big when Nibsy (that's my crab) gets stuck.
    2. Yes. You can destroy them. So don't.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »

2. Can you destroy a vanity pet? There's a "destroy" option for it like there is for normal items. I get very clumsy sometimes and, well, I don't want to kill my pet.

This is exactly why we need a "Vital" right click option for items. Anything flagged as "Vital" cannot be sold or destroyed until that flag is removed on right click.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I especially don't like how destroy is right under use. Who would want to destroy a one time ever vanity pet anyway?
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed to all. If you can flag an item as junk, you ought to be able to flag it as vital. And to put "destroy" right under "use" is just bad design. Who thought that up?
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • LimeFox
    LimeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, my monkey keeps jumping back into my not-so-infinite bag of holding. They may fix this eventually, but I certainly don't want them to focus on fixing that before other more pressing issues! :D