Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WIld Hunt Crate items - How do they fit?

xylus289_ESO
xylus289_ESO
✭✭✭
Is there anymore bits other than the vague descriptions of these crate-specific items? To me it seems like special alts can be made, but with there being no specific information to as how these mounts started making their way into the world, spriggans running around helping out during this Era of Tamriel, Im just confused.

Possibly just toys for in-game fun, but i am trying to make a character who uses this stuff and making it fit lore friendly into my story would be a tremendous help so I can finally get passed my OCD to play my first alt already who is nature themed. ~_~

idk why, but playing my char before i have a clear idea of their story drives me nuts
  • xylus289_ESO
    xylus289_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    is there anything a ZOS forum moderator might be able to provide? This is important to me.

@ZOS_JesC Can you shed some light? Or is there someone who can?
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think more importantly, how does that Khajit carry the crates around given how big they'd have to be to fit a Wild Hunt Bear
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Prinseth
    Prinseth
    ✭✭✭
    I assume that they’d be creatures that came out of a previous Wild Hunt, but they’d probably be rare so you just kind of have to use your imagination to not see eveyone riding them.

Edit: Just read their description and they were definitely created from a Wild Hunt.
    Edited by Prinseth on September 19, 2018 12:05AM
  • xylus289_ESO
    xylus289_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Prinseth wrote: »
    I assume that they’d be creatures that came out of a previous Wild Hunt, but they’d probably be rare so you just kind of have to use your imagination to not see eveyone riding them.

Edit: Just read their description and they were definitely created from a Wild Hunt.

Yeah I suppose. Also your edit, that was in the original post. i dont get what you're trying to tell me, other than what i already know. ty for your input though.
    Edited by xylus289_ESO on September 19, 2018 3:27AM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're doing it right, OP
    It seems there's no official explanation yet, more than the flavor text (read all those to get the "taste" of the whole https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Wild_Hunt_Crown_Crate )
    Anyway it's myth, so you just have to go and write your own interpretation of it. Bonus points if your character is a mad bosmer eco-terrorist X)
    Prinseth wrote: »
    so you just kind of have to use your imagination to not see eveyone riding them.
    sound like in-universe madness ... or the ultimate MMORPG genre-killer reasoning :'( (or MMOrpg-killing game feature, if you put the fault on the devs' side - already happened to WoW and SWTOR somehow...)
    Hold on, these mounts are not that common among players thankfully ^^

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Dawn Era, before Y'ffre formed the laws of nature, all life within the Valenwood was part of the Ooze, and could shapeshift into numerous forms, but not hold any one form for very long. When Y'ffre created the Treaty of Frond and Leaf, also known as the Green Pact, laws were established which separated the Green from the creatures and the Bosmer.

The Wild Hunt is a special clause within the treaty which allows the Bosmer to return to the shapeshifting times of the Dawn Era and turn into a horde of feral, supernatural beasts. But invoking the Wild Hunt causes all the laws of nature to unravel slightly, and some of the creatures also begin to revert to their chaotic Dawn Era shapeshifting. The result is these creatures, caught somewhere in-between the natural state Y'ffre defined for them, and the Green from which they were separated.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp