The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting Solutions/Suggestions

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
There are a lot of threads out there i know complaining about Jewelry Crafting, but Zenimax have an idea of how it should work in their minds, and players have a different one. I think rather than complaining and screaming about how unfair it is, maybe we work with some positivity on creating solutions for these issues. I think it will be more productive in the long run, right?

I have a list of changes I think would help placate both parties in this - and by no means are they "quick fix" solutions, but more attainable ones through investment into the game as a player and community.

First issue, the cost of improvement mats and the lack thereof. How do we keep the "grain" system and lower the cost of plating? Well, I think it's all about the amount of plating in circulation, which in turn means we need to see more grains in circulation. Here are my suggestions on dealing with that issue.

1. Deconstructing returns a chance of multiple grains, rather than just a small chance of one grain OR it returns a guaranteed SINGLE grain every deconstruct.
2. Allow non-Summerset people access to Jewelry Crafting - this will mean all those trash Spelunker rings that a non-Summerset player picks up can now be deconstructed and the mats start to grow in the wider community. As a Summerset owner, I don't mind one bit that I've paid for potentially "early access" to Jewelry Crafting and it now be available (like Battlegrounds) to everyone.
3. Crafting Writs return improvements mats as rewards as follows:-
  • Platinum Writs = Chance of chromium grains - very rare chance of chromium plating
  • Electrum Writs = Chance of Zircon grains, lesser chance of chromium grains, very rare chance of zircon plating
  • Silver Writs = Chances of Iridium grains, lesser chance of zircon grains, very rare chance of iridium plating
  • Copper Writs = Chance of Terne grains, lesser chances of iridium grains, very rare chance of terne plating
  • Pewter Writs = Chance of Terne grains, very rare chance of iridium grains

Second issue, trait stones and the grind to get them.

1. Allow the deconstruction of research jewelry found to get not only the zircon grains, but also to get the trait stones (or at least the pulverized versions of them)
2. Pulverized versions of the trait gems should be obtainable rarely (some rarer than others) from refining materials - just like other crafts.
3. Refining and obtaining those trait stones could be based upon the traits KNOWN by the character refining.

Final issue, Master writs and the lack of value they currently have.

I'm not going to make a list here, because I believe if you solve the issues with the solutions above, you might find greater mats in circulation (not to crazy amounts, but suffice to make master writs viable) will solve the problem in the main. If it doesn't fly that way, then I think the lower end master writ values (the ones worth 30-40) should be increased, because they just aren't worth it at this point either.

It's a work in progress, and hopefully one that will have a happy ending. I've got faith in ZOS in this working as intended... and those that know me know well that I tend to be more apathetic than optimistic in most cases. Keep the faith, and remember to kick an Argonian every day that we suffer ;) j/k...
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing a ring should return platings - not grains
    grains should refine as masic crafing materials refine: giving up to 10 platings for grains refined
    writs should give gold and silver level platings - not grains

look Zenimax, the pathetic amounts of platings we are able to gather is about 10 times too low to ever be able to complete the jewelry writs we get. You're taking the ***.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.