Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do you get 2 grouped characters into the same game world?

MikeMoss
MikeMoss
✭✭✭
Hi

That's my question, I got into the game with my buddy today and we grouped but couldn't see each other.

I could see where he was on the map, and there was a little "V" indicator showing his position in the world, I could even see when he went in and out of combat mode, but I couldn't find anyway to get us in the same instance.

We were in the area along the river after escaping from the prison but before entering the real world.

I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

It seems to me that when you group and aren't in the same instance of the game it should automatically ask if you want to meet up or something.

Mike
Edited by MikeMoss on April 4, 2014 8:45PM
  • Srikandi
    Srikandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use "travel to player" from the group screen.

You're right, this is awkward. The devs are aware and say they're working on it.
  • RhajaZola
    RhajaZola
    you may of been on different stages of a quest....
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    Srikandi wrote: »
    Use "travel to player" from the group screen.

You're right, this is awkward. The devs are aware and say they're working on it.

Exactly.

• MikeMoss
    MikeMoss
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Thanks for the help.

After a little research I think the problem may have been that we were still in the starter area where there are no wayshrines and the Travel to Player option wasn't available. At least I couldn't find it.

I'll check it out tomorrow when we get into the game.

Mike