Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Give specifics - How do some level so fast?

a_thielen_ESO
I see lots of vague answers to this from people who are not leveling fast themselves. So let's skip that.

Someone who knows, please let us in on the secret. Just skipping dialogue and crafting nodes isn't enough. I know this. The travel time from point to point in quests alone is half the time required, and these people leveled at least 10x as fast as new players questing.

I honestly like questing, and would like it if they some how made doing them result in faster leveling than it currently is.

But, and this is important, it would be nice if I could take a break from it when I feel down from not getting a level after several hours, do whatever these people were doing to level up, get a level or 2, then go back to quests. And heck, then if I didn't like a quest, I could abandon it rather than feel tethered to it for pitiful XP.

Thanks for any help.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    PVP killing 20 players for example used to be an unending loop quest. Now it's a daily because people abused it to level up super fast. Just one example.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    The issue with the PVP quest was probably more gold/points related than leveling, as the time to turn in is a bit of a sink.

Long story short, time + efficiency. Some people pull all-nighters to level. Some people have friends play for them while they sleep.

Also, knowing when to pay gold and use the fast travels will save you a lot of time. Knowing the maps ahead of time helps too.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    Well there are people who leveled faster than me, but I guess I leveled fast enough for my answers to be valid to you.

First, people simply play more. It may not be healthy or possible for people who don't have time off from their jobs and other duties, but it's a big part of how people can level so fast.
    For example I put nearly 40 hours into the game in the first 2 days and got level 38 for that effort, simply by exploring and following the quest lines like intended.
    It helps to have previous beta experience and know where you can save time instead of having to discover the entire game from the beginning.

Second is Cyrodiil AoE farming. A method that is faster than questing, but still takes time. It took me another full day's worth of playtime to hit VR1 by that method.
    Basically you walk into a public dungeon in Cyrodiil, pull a heap of mobs and AoE them down. If a couple of people with rings of mara did this, then it would be even more effective.
    Repetitive and boring, but at least twice as fast as regular leveling and with good drops.
    Other drawbacks are that you miss all the story and get almost no skill points since you're not out exploring.
    Angel of Awe (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Aldmeri Trinity/ Crime Syndicate
    Sanguine's beta tester
    Warrior of the Chrysamere campaign
  • ggsimmonds
    AngelofAwe wrote: »
    Well there are people who leveled faster than me, but I guess I leveled fast enough for my answers to be valid to you.

First, people simply play more. It may not be healthy or possible for people who don't have time off from their jobs and other duties, but it's a big part of how people can level so fast.
    For example I put nearly 40 hours into the game in the first 2 days and got level 38 for that effort, simply by exploring and following the quest lines like intended.
    It helps to have previous beta experience and know where you can save time instead of having to discover the entire game from the beginning.

Second is Cyrodiil AoE farming. A method that is faster than questing, but still takes time. It took me another full day's worth of playtime to hit VR1 by that method.
    Basically you walk into a public dungeon in Cyrodiil, pull a heap of mobs and AoE them down. If a couple of people with rings of mara did this, then it would be even more effective.
    Repetitive and boring, but at least twice as fast as regular leveling and with good drops.
    Other drawbacks are that you miss all the story and get almost no skill points since you're not out exploring.

40 hours in two days? Hope you have a comfy chair and some hemorrhoid cream
  • AngelofAwe
    AngelofAwe
    ✭✭✭
    ggsimmonds wrote: »
    40 hours in two days? Hope you have a comfy chair and some hemorrhoid cream

I said nearly didn't I? :)
    But no worries, my chair is comfy enough. At least I did sleep, I know there are people who did not.
    Angel of Awe (Aldmeri Dominion EU)
    Imperial DK - VR10
    Aldmeri Trinity/ Crime Syndicate
    Sanguine's beta tester
    Warrior of the Chrysamere campaign
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how they do it but I'm in no rush.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    It's AOE farming running in circuits. Works better with a team but can be done solo. Boring as hell, imo, but other people find leveling and questing annoying and only want to play at max level.