Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy are all shipping Imperial editions late

morgueanna
morgueanna
✭✭
There are threads about this all over different gaming forums. It can't be a coincidence that 3 major retailers who make their money off of first day delivery are all running behind on shipment. The logical conclusion would be they were given their copies too late to fulfill orders.

Zenimax's response thus far has been that it is a problem with the 3rd party retailer. I would politely suggest that since Zenimax did not offer the physical copies themselves they left us no recourse but to go to a 3rd party.

I am very disappointed that I will be shut out of the game for days after the Sunday time is expired waiting for my physical edition, and even when I offered to show proof (my receipt, my tracking number for the package, etc), I was told there was nothing that could be done.

There is something that can be done- Zenimax, acknowledge there was an issue with shipment and extend the early access time to the end of the week to ensure those who were loyal and not only pre-ordered but pre-ordered the the most expensive copy that you understand and will take responsibility.

Thank you.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon needs to use one of their drones to get you your game ASAP. You are missing out; this game is great!!!!

MQ-9_Reaper_-_090609-F-0000M-777.JPG
    Edited by Gedalya on April 4, 2014 9:02PM
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I opted to simply walk into my local Best Buy and pick up my Imperial edition.
  • morgueanna
    morgueanna
    ✭✭
    I am currently playing; however that time will expire on Sunday evening. I need my physical copy to get my free first month of play. I don't think we can even play after Sunday because there are codes on the box that need to be entered to show purchase. So I will be locked out until I have the box in my hands.
  • MisterBlue
    Got my pre ordered collectors imperial edition first thing, easy breezy like, from neighborhood gamestop. So did the store full of people standing shoulder to shoulder with me.
  • morgueanna
    morgueanna
    ✭✭
    MisterBlue wrote: »
    Got my pre ordered collectors imperial edition first thing, easy breezy like, from neighborhood gamestop. So did the store full of people standing shoulder to shoulder with me.

Unfortunately, all of my local retailers were sold out at the store, so my only option was to purchase online, via those same stores, and now myself and many others are stuck waiting.
  • Flashingblade
    Flashingblade
    Soul Shriven
    Thankfully my order was with Game in the UK and it arrived on time today. If they have stock available maybe it's just a regional shortage?
  • TheTycoon
    TheTycoon
    I am glad (well...) that I saw this. I guess I am in the same position which is bogus if I can't play all next week. We clearly bought the game, thats how we have early access.
    If you like fishing and want to join a guild focused on fishing and role playing, send me a message on the forums or in-game @TycoonBarnaby
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    TheTycoon wrote: »
    I am glad (well...) that I saw this. I guess I am in the same position which is bogus if I can't play all next week. We clearly bought the game, thats how we have early access.

No, actually, you clearly *preordered* the game. That's why you had early access. You could decide not to pay for the box, and not put a code in, and you would still have had early access. You have only bought ESO once you pay for the box.

• morgueanna
    morgueanna
    ✭✭
    Thesiren wrote: »
    TheTycoon wrote: »

No, actually, you clearly *preordered* the game. That's why you had early access. You could decide not to pay for the box, and not put a code in, and you would still have had early access. You have only bought ESO once you pay for the box.

He/she did pay for the box. In order to process the orders and ship them, they need to be paid in full. Pre-order only applies until the game is actually shipped to you- and I know in my case that I paid in full the first day, because Best Buy does not take deposits for games online, they must be paid in full.
  • MisterBlue
    morgueanna wrote: »
    MisterBlue wrote: »

Unfortunately, all of my local retailers were sold out at the store, so my only option was to purchase online, via those same stores, and now myself and many others are stuck waiting.

At least it's only a regional problem (though I'm hearing Amazon has oversold their current stock by a large margin ) with Gamestop. Doesn't do you a lick of good =( sorry for the bullocks luck =(

Hopefully those weak links in the chain (I'm looking at you random clerk dude givin' away people's preorders to your just walking in friends!!) will be dealt with harshly.

Here's to the likelihood of Zeni mitigating some of the hate flying around by extending grace periods to a reasonable "shipping allowance" etc etc date!!
  • Elykah
    Elykah
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't have a problem with shipment being late so much as it being delivered to a wrong address, which was actually a problem in itself. Luckily I had pre-ordered the physical Imperial edition so I was still able to play.

But of course the wait for the physical items or your box codes isn't something you want. I was rather disappointed also in Amazon's problem with my order, but in the end everything was fine.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Mine showed up at my doorstop today from Gamestop. No problems.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • haploeb14_ESO
    haploeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered from Gamestop the day they went on sale. UPS showed up today at 1:00 pm.
  • A247
    A247
    ✭✭
    I pre-ordered from Best Buy and was able to pick it up in the store today.
  • zer0_sum
    zer0_sum
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered from Amazon with an Imperial edition and got it this afternoon. Exactly when they said it would be delivered, on launch day. It's not an issue that is widespread. It's a case by case.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received my Amazon Physical Imperial CE. The statue is so cool. I've never had trouble with Amazon and getting my PC games on time.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • 10Club
    10Club
    Soul Shriven
    I received my Imperial CE from Amazon. They introduced a one-day shipping option earlier this week for the CE.