The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Erstwhile Sanctuary, Large No-Go Area?

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there some reason we can't go down, that the lower cavern is not part of the house? It looks awesome and would be beyond awesome to be able to go down and use that space. It's actually a good chunk of the house map. Doubtless this house is going to be a bit pricey and we have such a large area of it as a no-go? I've tried every way to get down there, nope, die every time. Very disappointing and makes me rethink buying this one to be honest.

IkQOKNe.png
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if we could go there !

Still waiting on the house price though
    Edited by Morgul667 on March 2, 2018 3:57AM
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, this is the main reason I won't be buying this house.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I died trying to get there. Pity cause it would be amazing.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume, since you die before hitting anything when you jump off, that you can't build a path down to access it. If you can then they really need to tell us this, like now. I'm not about to buy it on a slim chance.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    The insta-kill boundary is well above the area unfortunately, but you can build platforms out for a ways before hitting an invisible wall.
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    Man, what's an old, abandoned cavern without the grassy wet patch? If this were a dungeon that'd be right where a boss is, kinda kills the rp plans I was cooking up for this. Why include it in the map at all if it's inaccessible? I would understand if it was blocked off if it wasn't implied to be included by the map :sweat:
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted this house but just can not see buying it if that area is off limits. Every time I see it I'd feel frustrated and disappointed. I have to pass :(
  • Legendary2150
    Legendary2150
    ✭✭
    It would be awesome if we can go down there and it will make me think more of buying it
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This got me looking at another house that I was considering buying, the Earthtear Cavern. However, please explain ZOS why the red circled area on the HOUSE MAP is inaccessible? Why can we see over the broken wall and view this area, the broken wall is more than low enough in many places for us to jump over it, and again it's ON THE MAP of the house... and yet we are blocked from it? Honestly I feel like I'd be getting ripped off if I buy this house because nearly half of it is no-go! Why do you do this?

orZaD49.png

• Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance guys change it so we can access the whole area?
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of glad they did this, because it killed any desire I had to buy this house and it's probably going to be incredibly expensive. So in a way they did me a favour.

I like the idea of a cavern house but I was put off of Earthtear Cavern because it's more like a large overhang and totally lacking in enclosed space. This would be perfect if it wasn't for the fact that this area is off-limits.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was brought up on the PTS by more than a couple people. There wasn't any acknowledgement of it so I doubt they're going to change it now. Unfortunate, because that lower section is super pretty and just asking to be explored.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a shrine to Sithis down there so sacred that he kills anyone who enters it.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't buy any house with a blocked off area that large that is ON THE HOUSE MAP. If it's on the map it's part of the house, if it's part of the house then I paid for it, if I paid for it I better be able to utilize it, and if not then nope nope nope you can keep it.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sgtmeg wrote: »
    Man, what's an old, abandoned cavern without the grassy wet patch? If this were a dungeon that'd be right where a boss is, kinda kills the rp plans I was cooking up for this. Why include it in the map at all if it's inaccessible? I would understand if it was blocked off if it wasn't implied to be included by the map :sweat:

i think since its a cave its for view, unlike the other houses that are outside. i was also kinda disjointed when i noticed yesterday walking around in it. but its a huge house without that part. i was thinking damn this is enormous before i figured out i dies on the last part.

EDIT: im still buying it on the 8th
    Edited by magictucktuck on March 3, 2018 3:33PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had documented how far down you can go on the PTS Forum. Was highly disappointing that you could be get down to the water patch that is directly below the invisible wall. It's like a little plateau above the rest of what you see looking out there.

Also the upper most room with all the fixed pillars. The space is really limited in how you can use it. Don't know why the insisted on having the pillars fixed and not removable.

The only way I would buy the is if it is available for gold. Not going to waste crowns on it. I doubt they will have taht offer so it's a no buy for me.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    This got me looking at another house that I was considering buying, the Earthtear Cavern. However, please explain ZOS why the red circled area on the HOUSE MAP is inaccessible? Why can we see over the broken wall and view this area, the broken wall is more than low enough in many places for us to jump over it, and again it's ON THE MAP of the house... and yet we are blocked from it? Honestly I feel like I'd be getting ripped off if I buy this house because nearly half of it is no-go! Why do you do this?

orZaD49.png

Pretty sure they felt it was too large and so they added that secondary wall. There are also invisible walls along one of the sides in earthtear where it looks like you could get up to but you are blocked off when you try and get there. And the worst part is they refuse to change it because it that was the way it was made even tho there is no possible way for you to test for invisible walls in a preview unless you purchase the place.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberick wrote: »
    DjinnRa wrote: »

orZaD49.png

Pretty sure they felt it was too large and so they added that secondary wall. There are also invisible walls along one of the sides in earthtear where it looks like you could get up to but you are blocked off when you try and get there. And the worst part is they refuse to change it because it that was the way it was made even tho there is no possible way for you to test for invisible walls in a preview unless you purchase the place.

It is for this reason that I am making visiting it on the PTS a priority for me. You can purchase it there then explore all over, see the limitations before making the real purchase or not.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ask me its a large no go period. But someone will fork out the crowns to buy it.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao. The whole place is a huge fail. And this is someone who doesn’t mind buying “limited-time”; expensive homes. How are you selling a property that has part of its main feature literally inaccessible? That’s foolishness. The waterfalls there are in my opinion selling points of the residence. And you mean to tell me that if I travel down said waterfalls, I get insta-gibbed? I can’t co-sign that. :D
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was quite a bit of discussion on these points in the PTS Forums.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393732/the-erstwhile-sanctuary-was-abandoned-for-a-reason-a-critque

Buyer needs to beware on these hyped up limited time macro-transactions. ZOS is betting that people will not do their due diligence in checking out the pro's and con's of properties on PTS or look for the discussions. Much less followed and contributed to the PTS discussions even if they do not go onto the PTS themselves.
    Edited by Grimm13 on March 11, 2018 12:30AM

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree that these strange "no go" areas in these expensive homes are extremely unattractive, and definitely a deal breaker. I was thoroughly disappointed when I jumped down towards the beautiful underground river only to die mid fall.

I own the Grand Topal Hideaway, and one of the main reasons I bought it (other than the epic solitude of having your very own island) was that you can swim around the entire island, and even climb and build on the many rocks strewn about in the water. In my opinion definitely waaay more worth its price than many of the others, where large chunks of the house map is inaccessible.

To me, it makes no sense to have no-go/instant death areas in a home you have paid a good chunk of real money for. If anything, these homes should have even more nooks and crannies and rooms than the "normal" homes.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    I tried every which way and you just die some time it just drops you down as if you've falling off even though your clearly standing on a slab or some times it just kills you for no reason if you walk to a certain area I was excited to try and go down there maybe even decorated some stuff what was the point of adding theses nice areas in there its enclosed so its still within the area what a waste of space specially on a house worth around 13,000 crowns that's like 60 dollars a whole other games worth . Zenimax said nah bro OH you want to go to that cool little section that's inside and part of your house well f u but don't worry I'm sure they will add it in to the crown store its all about the money. Feeling claustrophobic Cant seem to get to that far distance spot thats clearly with in your home well worry no more you to can enjoy the extra space with the crown invisible wall eliminator tonic only 3,000 crowns please limited time offer 4 days left lol

thumbnail_zpsgmw33e0g_1.jpg
    Edited by Luciferazazell on March 14, 2018 9:58PM
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Luciferazazell on March 14, 2018 9:37PM
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    You are all SO WRONG!!! The reason I bought the Erstwhile Sanctuary is precisely because of the possibilities I saw in the 'no go area'. If you fall down places near the huge waterfall you can get to places below you can't climb back up from, you can'[t even climb back up from the head of the waterfall it being much lower than 'Erstwhile' level. One of these places (the small obscure one you have to traverse to) where you can fall down takes you to a place where if you are lucky you live but can't move much at all without dieing. The reason you die is you have gone too far down.

OK. Stand on the edge of the big waterfall, not the much lower place you can't move from, and build a level path outwards. You come to invisible force wall, but its quite a distance, There is certainly enough room to build sizeable upper and lower areas. You can build a floor level with the lowest accessible head of the large waterfall spanning from left cavern wall to right cavern wall and extending even beyond the force wall. With imagination you can build a similar much lower floor just a tad above the level at which you die. Believe me you got two very large areas to play with. I've not quite finished perfecting my torture chamber else I'd give screen shots but its a secret cavern that is below one of the largest statues in the game. There are jumping games to climb back up from statue level to Sanctuary level, and to get from torture room level to statue level.

Not sure I can ever get the ballroom floors to line up perfectly, and I can't afford to finish the torture chamber till next month, but when finished I'll let you know and youtube it. Already its way cool, if messy in places (especially the way I've bodged the far end of the statue level).