The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is there a pricING guide that is not just a list of prices?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This is the first game in which I've really made an effort to do trading. I've done a lot of searching and while I can find a lot of "pricing guides" on various sites, they are really just price guides, which means they are subject to being outdated very quickly if they're not kept up, and they are generally limited to the most popular/current items or whatever the site builder wanted to feature. I'm looking for actual knowledge on HOW to come up with prices myself when the item in question is not listed in TTC or MM or any of the addons, just totally from scratch, without highballing it OR selling myself short. I need to know how to look at something and make an educated guess based on its quality and relative rarity. I don't know if there's some sort of formula that people use; someone mentioned taking crafting price into account with recipes but then had nothing more to add. I'm tired of just leaving things in my bank because nobody else is selling them for me to have an idea how much to sell them for.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's nothing in my MM or TTC, I look at several guild stores for similar items and make an educated guess.

For example, I'd been farming spriggan's gear. Since I didn't have MM data for those pieces, I looked at my guilds and saw Spriggans was selling for 5-8k in divine, and cheaper for other traits. I wanted to sell quick, so I set my prices lower.

Other times, I start high with a rarer item, to see if someone will buy it. If they dont, after a while I'll slash the price so it moves quicker.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's literally a list of prices. What I'm asking for is information on how to price things when they are not in MM or TTC. There are things I have in my bank that no one is selling in TTC and I need to know how to put a reasonable price on them without cheating myself or others.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there's nothing in my MM or TTC, I look at several guild stores for similar items and make an educated guess.

For example, I'd been farming spriggan's gear. Since I didn't have MM data for those pieces, I looked at my guilds and saw Spriggans was selling for 5-8k in divine, and cheaper for other traits. I wanted to sell quick, so I set my prices lower.

Other times, I start high with a rarer item, to see if someone will buy it. If they dont, after a while I'll slash the price so it moves quicker.

That's what I was afraid of, that it's a guessing game. I can understand if that's it and everyone is just winging it, I just needed to know if it was that or if people have some sort of actual system based on numbers or whatnot. Thanks.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an item is not on TTC there are two main reasons: it is incredibly rare or it is complete junk that is not worth selling. Most of the time it is the second case.

Other than that, use common sense. Judge the rarity of the item and find other items with similar rarity to get a foothold.