The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds motifs (Fang Worm and Horned Dragon)

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone getting a style drop from battlegrounds? I’m referring to the Fang Worm and Horned Dragon style pages that randomly drop from Battlemaster Rivyn’s Reward coffer; the purple one you get from coming in first or second in the daily random for Battlegrounds. At one point I was getting from 1 to 4 a day across all toons; some times none, but it’s been a fortnight since I got any. Day after day and nothing. Customer service differed to the RNG gods but I find this dry spell to more likely be a bug; maybe introduced recently with the new Style pages (vCOH 1).

[Edited title]
Edited by Gedalya on July 30, 2018 8:55PM
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You arent the only one to notice a drop off in style pages over time.

The suspicion is that the RNG for getting a page doesn't change, but that the pages you have are not removed from the pool. Instead if you get a page you already have, you just don't get that page.

This is similar to the way rewards for the Random Dungeon Event worked, where you never got duplicate rewards but the rewards weren't removed from the pool, so you just got the useless stuff.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your chances of getting a page goes down as you get more. And it sucks.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The suspicion is that the RNG for getting a page doesn't change, but that the pages you have are not removed from the pool. Instead if you get a page you already have, you just don't get that page.

This is similar to the way rewards for the Random Dungeon Event worked, where you never got duplicate rewards but the rewards weren't removed from the pool, so you just got the useless stuff.

This isn’t a suspicion, that’s exactly how it works. I don’t remember exactly where, but they said that if you obtain a motif page you already have you’ll simply get nothing. So basically yes, you always have the same chance of getting all of them, so if the RNG comes up 2h sword but you already have that it will give you nothing. Yes it’s annoying.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

This isn’t a suspicion, that’s exactly how it works. I don’t remember exactly where, but they said that if you obtain a motif page you already have you’ll simply get nothing. So basically yes, you always have the same chance of getting all of them, so if the RNG comes up 2h sword but you already have that it will give you nothing. Yes it’s annoying.

Cool, I didn't know they'd stated that, so it was a suspicion for me.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is inexplicably stupid. Like my brain is having trouble computing how another human could think that’s a good idea.

rip decibel
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

That is inexplicably stupid. Like my brain is having trouble computing how another human could think that’s a good idea.

From the viewpoint of a player who wants the pages, its stupid.

From the viewpoint of a dev who wants players to keep playing BGs for as long as possible, stringing out the pages this way is brilliant.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play battlegrounds on one toon because I'm gaining pvp ranks with it. So it will take an eternity to collect this motif, I think I'll never have it at all.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS

Can you please look into this
    The drop chance for people that already have 50%+ of the pages is almost none
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS

Can you please look into this
    The drop chance for people that already have 50%+ of the pages is almost none

This would certainly explain my situation. Leandro have you had any drop under this circumstance?

• Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten three drops today; after a seemingly long dry spell I am baffled to get no less than three in a very short period of time. Has there been a patch? These drop rates are very suspect.

• ThorinOakenshield86
    Draxys wrote: »

From the viewpoint of a player who wants the pages, its stupid.

From the viewpoint of a dev who wants players to keep playing BGs for as long as possible, stringing out the pages this way is brilliant.

They probably do that because they want ppl to keep playing BG, but it's very *** way of thinking for people who make a famous game with this size. If that's true, they only contradicts themselves. The very idea of this game is people to play what they want, what they enjoy. If someone enjoys BG, he will play no matter if he earns pages or not. While other people who just want to fill their collection and feel pain in BG are forced to play endless games without getting anything. It's backpain to go there without guild group, because there are many pve players who just want to get the pages and go there with pve chars hoping to be carried. Even I was doing this before, but with my luck, I allways get the most idiot players in this game and it's pointless. Now I focus it with my pvp chars and the new toons focused in pvp too. And still 70 % of the time I get teletabis team while other teams are Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone. It's really annoying. I had 5 pages left from fang worm style and 1 week ago I opened 55 boxes(was keeping them in my inbox to open them at once) and I got only 1 page! Now I want to make 70 and will open then in few days. If I get 1 or 0 again, will give up until they make it possible to get all pages.

Update
    Opened 71 boxes, got 0 (ZERO) pages! Last time when I opened 55 boxes, got only one. So if you guys go in BG just to get all the pages, don't do it. It's impossible to get all until they increase the riddicilous chance.
    Edited by ThorinOakenshield86 on September 18, 2018 6:11PM