The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nibenese Manor

Callum
Callum
✭✭
ZOS are you taking the *** on people here ? , 14k crowns for a manor thats basicly a copy of the Inn on coldharbor with a little extra land, not to mention the 17.500 crown option to have it furnished , where the barn is still completely empty inside, and outside hasn't changed a effing bit from the unfurnished option, and inside , manor , really ? , with sub par furniture , this is a f...... half assed project and a money grab if i've ever seen one compared to the Alinor house that looks 10 times better than this with way more value.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People have been begging for them to offer Linchal Grand Manor again. They aren't going to change it from what was offered previously. Same furnishings, same prices.

I'm guessing you weren't playing when it was originally offered, though. Many did complain about the furnishings when it was first released and the fact that it was just a copy/paste of the Hollow City Inn. I suppose it hasn't aged well, considering it's using older game assets, whereas Alinor Townhouse is using new game assets.
  • Callum
    Callum
    ✭✭
    Yea i guess i haven't noticed its been up before today and when i saw it i was sorely dissapointed , specially for the money they want you to fork out for it, 100$ for a *** house with a *** compound, lol
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL the houses are just a lazy copy/pasta of existing in-game assets. This being the case, it's ridiculous that we don't have a LOT more houses to choose from on a continual basis.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Callum wrote: »
    Yea i guess i haven't noticed its been up before today and when i saw it i was sorely dissapointed , specially for the money they want you to fork out for it, 100$ for a *** house with a *** compound, lol

I think it's still important to voice our criticisms and concerns, though. I just wanted to make you aware that it's over a year old, so comparing it to something newer (Alinor Townhouse) is somewhat problematic. However, your concerns were expressed by many others at it's original release, so your criticisms and ultimate decision not to purchase it are valid. The house doesn't feel like a grand manor and the large grounds don't make up for that fact in my mind. I passed immediately upon looking at it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    ALL the houses are just a lazy copy/pasta of existing in-game assets. This being the case, it's ridiculous that we don't have a LOT more houses to choose from on a continual basis.

And that some of them aren't more reasonably sized. They could offer a better variety of limited-time homes in various sizes. I'd buy a CS exclusive houseboat for the same crown price as a small home (or even a medium home), but instead, they had to tack on some ruins so they could charge a lot more.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 11, 2018 5:12PM
  • Callum
    Callum
    ✭✭
    Yea i won't be touching this specific house or many of their other houses for the prices they list it at , but i'm also pretty satisfied with my Alinor house , and i'm luckily not one of those types of people that has to own every house in the game
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the low furnishing limits I would much rather they put out more small-medium-large houses than these massive palaces and estates and ruins that you have no chance in the world of actually furnishing properly unless you like a spare aesthetic, or choose to wall off/ignore parts of it. Linchal was an especially problematic house in my mind due to both the huge grounds and the issues you bring up of the lackluster furnishings and uninspired buildings. It's really too bad. I feel you, OP.