The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage numbers in BGs

Valabrog
Valabrog
✭✭✭
I envy people, who leave a match with 1,2 mil dmg. You can say what you want, but big damage numbers are cool.

I play only stam classes (stamden atm), I usually get 1 or 2 place on scoreboard with decent amount of kills and assists, but my damage rarely goes higher than 500k. Where is the trick? Should I do my rotations faster? I mean, i choose my target, burst him down, retreat a bit, heal up, than do the same again. And when I check the final scoreboard, my 8 kills and 12 assists doesnt look cool when I see that my damage is like 350k :D I have max gear and I feel decent in pvp, but cant actually understand how the players who get 2-5 kills ends up with over a million dmg - do I steal their kills lol? Am I a hidden sorc? :D Or am i good at changing targets and finishing low hp ones? Or something else..I want to be like Krotha and hit 2,3 mil with stamina!

Edited by Valabrog on September 4, 2018 11:35AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally classes with lots of burst damage do not get high damage values over a whole battleground round, since their specialty is burst damage over a short period of time, then recovering, retreating or looking for a new target. Additionally with huge burst potential you also are more likely to kill people (stealing assists) than people with rather low or damage over time. Stamina toons are more the burst and move specs, so a lot of time you are re-positioning and looking for a new target. This means you have less sustained damage and actually less damage over a whole battleground round, still you get a high number of kills. Meanwhile classes with lots of aoe and dot damage will likely have less kills, but a lots of assists. Also they do sustained damage to several enemies and that probably for prolonged time, leading to much more damage over the whole fight. Classes like the typical ice warden can pull such high numbers with their ice aoes plus shalks, meanwhile you are rather focused on single target and burst damage.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Normally classes with lots of burst damage do not get high damage values over a whole battleground round, since their specialty is burst damage over a short period of time, then recovering, retreating or looking for a new target. Additionally with huge burst potential you also are more likely to kill people (stealing assists) than people with rather low or damage over time. Stamina toons are more the burst and move specs, so a lot of time you are re-positioning and looking for a new target. This means you have less sustained damage and actually less damage over a whole battleground round, still you get a high number of kills. Meanwhile classes with lots of aoe and dot damage will likely have less kills, but a lots of assists. Also they do sustained damage to several enemies and that probably for prolonged time, leading to much more damage over the whole fight. Classes like the typical ice warden can pull such high numbers with their ice aoes plus shalks, meanwhile you are rather focused on single target and burst damage.

Cheers :)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage numbers can be inflated by two things:

1) the presence of healers on other teams, healing your damage so it then takes more damage to bring down a single target

2) a match that takes longer to complete, particularly a non-deathmatch

Case in point, here's my level 25 mag DK dropping 1.2 mill dmg in a lowbie CTF a couple weeks ago that ran the full 15. My friend and I were just having too much fun running around like fools, and when we saw it was a minute and a half left, we grabbed a flag and capped it for the win.

vZJgIHQ.jpg
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey man, if you want pure total dmg numbers you should try it on another class. For me, stamden has the lowest total dmg of my Stamina BGers because it is all about selective timed burst. Same goes for mag sorc. For higher damage totals try a sustained pressure spec, something like mDK or sPlar ( or any m class with wall of elements).

And like previous replies said, keep your eye out for matches with lots of tanks and healers, and even premades. That’s when you should push for totals. Same goes for heals (i’ve hit 1.4 mil on stamden). You can’t parse on not-good players cuz they’ll go down faster.
    PCNA

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    How to achieve high damage numbers:

1. Tanky enemies
    2. Use ground AoEs like WoE, Caltrops and Path. Also useful are Ults like destro and Vamp.
    3. Maps/modes that favor (2.)
    PC EU - DC only
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 1.7 million damage as MagDK in a BG and only got 2 kills and 0 deaths xD It depends on the opponents too, because premades vs premades gives this result sometimes. I've had matches not hitting 1mil dmg and killing lots of ppl.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick is to fight tanky healers. The longer they stay alive while you’re beating on them, the higher your damage numbers.

The more you know.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had 1 mill dmg with only plague slinger and full tank :D. Not that the set is OP, but the fact that I didn't die, helped my damage a lot.

In my experience what worked best for me was, either go full tank with one damage set exeption. Or go full glass cannon and do so much damage as you can before you die. Full bow damage or dragon leap, steel tornado with balorg :D. Not best builds ofc, but ye you will get 1 mill + dmg with that.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoTs bro... DoTs...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    same as possibility to get cool 1vX moments, it depends strong on how lucky u are for a unexpirienced enemies
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to boost your damage number, just run infernal guardian.

While I am not a fan of the set in PvP, running it in BGs seems to be (pretty much), a guaranteed 1 mil+ damage.

It just fires off randomly and almost never hits the preferred foe, but you can break 2mil+ easily with this set. If you don't mind running a slightly trolly build.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont die. Respawning and moving back to battle will grant less damage result than being mobile/tanky but constantly participate in combat and deal damage.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valabrog wrote: »
    I envy people, who leave a match with 1,2 mil dmg. You can say what you want, but big damage numbers are cool.

I play only stam classes (stamden atm), I usually get 1 or 2 place on scoreboard with decent amount of kills and assists, but my damage rarely goes higher than 500k. Where is the trick? Should I do my rotations faster? I mean, i choose my target, burst him down, retreat a bit, heal up, than do the same again. And when I check the final scoreboard, my 8 kills and 12 assists doesnt look cool when I see that my damage is like 350k :D I have max gear and I feel decent in pvp, but cant actually understand how the players who get 2-5 kills ends up with over a million dmg - do I steal their kills lol? Am I a hidden sorc? :D Or am i good at changing targets and finishing low hp ones? Or something else..I want to be like Krotha and hit 2,3 mil with stamina!

High damage numbers in the match end report aren't Indicative of a great built ...

My damage was higher then my friends yet the report had him with way more kills than me with really crappy damage numbers ...

But my assists was higher than his kills

He was rocking 20+ kills I had 3

He had 7 assists I had 37 assists

High damage at the end doesn't mean you had great kill streak
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Valabrog wrote: »

High damage numbers in the match end report aren't Indicative of a great built ...

My damage was higher then my friends yet the report had him with way more kills than me with really crappy damage numbers ...

But my assists was higher than his kills

He was rocking 20+ kills I had 3

He had 7 assists I had 37 assists

High damage at the end doesn't mean you had great kill streak

Don’t you play a Templar? High assists is a good game for magplars, especially if you aren’t running an execute. If anything you’re making it seem like your friend stole a lot of kills.

There’s games I can get 18 kills then the next game I can get 7 kills and 20+ assists but out score everyone.