The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Loyalty free BG style 7 day campaign ?

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
Had a weird idea earlier. A Non-CP 7 day server that runs exactly the same way as battlegrounds.

You queue with friends or solo then a finder puts you in whichever alliance has the lowest population.

Simple, could be appealing to many and may help a lot with smoother performance for those that want it.

Obviously many players are faction loyal and/or like to run with guilds but many Cyrods are just mercenaries.

After very little thought on this I see quite a few pros and very little cons so thought I'd put it out there...
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone else had posted a similar idea; allowing a 4th faction, the people who don't care about playing an alliance and basically roam as mercenaries. i don't know how it would work but your idea sounds fun!
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mercenary idea sounds nice too I'd love something like that, vagrant merc alliance that gets some kinda bonus for helping the low pop, sounds messy though.

This idea is simple:

- A queue system for Cyrodiil with a Battlegrounds style group finder.
    The finder will put you into the lowest population Alliance unless you choose a preferred alliance.
    Up to 12 friends can queue.

- Cyrodiil will not change apart from the leaderboard system.
    Leaderboard will be made as one, the only losses will be no Emperors and faction loyalty.

- Server will be called Stormcloak, after my main.

Jokes aside I think it could be very interesting, easy to create for devs, less laggy/zergy and probably a lot of fun for many.

*Edit.... A great benefit of this system would be that people could enjoy messing about there with their mains and cross faction friends that also wanna play their main. My main worry is that DC will all be there and we won't defend in the 30 days ;D
    Edited by raviour on September 14, 2018 3:19PM