Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeons help?

Dovahkiin804
Dovahkiin804
✭✭
How come when I go in to a big group dungeon like imperial city and I'm the only one there sometimes I wait for hour to see if someone shows up but they don't is this because you have to be invited to play dungeons in groups only?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How come when I go in to a big group dungeon like imperial city and I'm the only one there sometimes I wait for hour to see if someone shows up but they don't is this because you have to be invited to play dungeons in groups only?

You mean not public dungeons, but regular, group dungeons? In that case, you cannot meet anybody there if you'll go there by yourself. See, group dungeons are instanced, which means if you and somebody else (who's not in same group with you) will enter same dungeon gate, you will end up in different copies of that dungeon, and won't meet one another. Nobody can enter the instance you reside in just by walking into it - they need to group up with you. So, yes, you either have to group with people, or use dungeon finder to let it form a group automatically.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    When i was a noob, i did this at Skyreach Hold... would wait and wait and wait inside for someone to arrive to run with them... and no one ever showed...
    Was very lonely...
    ...now i just don't need the help lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to run White Gold Tower or any group dungeon and you dont have a group, you need to use the groupfinder.

Open the Groupfinder and select the specific dungeon you want, along with the role you want to fill: tank, healer, or damage dealer.

Enter the queue, and wait for Groupfinder to find you the other members of your group. You might have to wait a while, depending on your role or the dungeon you chose. DLC dungeons have a longer wait time unless they are the daily pledge. You'll run the dungeon with these random group members.

You could also form up a group of friends or guildmates and travel to or queue for the dungeon together.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I'm no noob I'm a champion level 220 on my 2nd character which I only made to champion level 80 and deleted that one and made a new one. But I am a noob with dungeons. I've done a lot of quest and dolmens to get this high.going for champion 780 but still got a long ways. I thought if I did dungeons in groups you level up faster. Not much on the pvp yellow is not doing there jobs now. Bty I'm on Xbox one na server.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild or friends are the best way to form a group, especially if your new to dungeons. Otherwise, just use the group finder. Most PUGs or random groups are fine, some are not fine.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"