The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you handle a scroll troll?

mojomood
mojomood
✭✭✭
During a recent siege on AD to recover a DC scroll, a player on a DC character took the scroll but refused to return it. When asked why, he said that he wasn't going to allow the scroll to be taken undefended. This also protected one of the AD scrolls since it couldn't be captured without having the matching home scroll. Definitely trolling, but is this an exploit as it does give an advantage to an entire faction. One player can stop an entire faction from progressing for an hour. I'm not naming names, but I did record it as a player from another faction stood by and watched without attacking the scroll carrier.

Is this an exploit? Should that player be reported? If they are reported, will there be punishment or is this an allowed tactic to protect your own alliance?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hack his account, delete all Characters, except his mule, and rename it to "Punished-for-Scrolltrolling"

But seriously, that's why we need faction lock on accounts, at least per campaign.
    It's not like it would matter for Pve players anymore since 1Tamriel introduction and it would greatly reduce faction hopping.
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not an exploit. It's game politics.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I whine in zone and then come to the forums to whine some more.

And then I eventually realize that this is a long-standing issue that ZOS will not punish and considers part of the "game play" of 3 faction PvP.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Should've made it a poll. Either way, doesn't sound like ZOS is changing it anytime soon.

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2hw3z6.jpg
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I whine in zone and then come to the forums to whine some more.

And then I eventually realize that this is a long-standing issue that ZOS will not punish and considers part of the "game play" of 3 faction PvP.

They kind of did address it by making scrolls worth so many points. Using a scroll to dump aggro on the 3rd faction is hard to justify now from a score viewpoint.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally ignore it, let the raging masses try to take the scroll back while we take the keeps.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start with not making any more threads about it on the forums.
    There have been many, many more incidences of it since this discussion has heated up on the forums.
    Sure, it has happened over the years, but not in any way as much as we are seeing now.
    Every week there is a new post about it here, showing a different new incident. Basically, you are giving the idea, and the opportunity to even more people.

It's like feeding the AP troll groups in resource towers - If you don't feed them they die / move on.
    Don't give these Muppets the attention they are craving and they might just die off ;)
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    @dtsharples "might"...lol

• mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    @SHADOW2KK Generally agree on keeps first, but if next keep is the one with our scroll, run it back. DC is running away with Sotha, so they're something right. ;)